Calling DataOne users

Rate the BSNL DataOne Service

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_lordJaz

Right off the assembly line
Hello,

Is it true that the 1GB dload limit includes normal web pages? means, if i'm only browsing and not specifically dloading anything (s/w, mp3 etc.), will it also count in that 1GB limit?

TIA

Charley

Just Do It
_lordJaz said:
Hello,

Is it true that the 1GB dload limit includes normal web pages? means, if i'm only browsing and not specifically dloading anything (s/w, mp3 etc.), will it also count in that 1GB limit?

TIA

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20267&highlight=bsnl+dataone

manmay

Journeyman
well i'm getting
2o-25 kBps for surfing using opera or ff
for download ing using DAP i get speed of avg 30 KBps with max of 35...
in p2p it ranges from 20 to 25 KBps
i 'm using dataone 256kbps plan

Charley

Just Do It
manmay said:
well i'm getting
2o-25 kBps for surfing using opera or ff
for download ing using DAP i get speed of avg 30 KBps with max of 35...
in p2p it ranges from 20 to 25 KBps
i 'm using dataone 256kbps plan

Is ur system an old one i.e. P-I,II,III,IV, etc ?

Mine is an old one and I get a max of 23kpbs.......

Charley

Just Do It
pradeep_chauhan said:
any pc even a p2 is fast enough to exploit the 256K (32k) spped of the connection that is not the bottleneck.

Really, mine is P-I.... I still get the same speed .....

:?

manmay

Journeyman
yeah ppl...pradeep is right machines above p2 are capable of handling 256 kbps...( ram should be sufficient)

but i think to some extent the speed is affected by the os...

i think xp and 2000 would probably get better speeds from a broad band than 98 or me ...

pl correct me if i'm wrong...

thanx

mohit

The Hardware Labs
where is my email account of dataone and how do i administer it ?
i tried logging on www.dataone.in using the username and password that i connect to dataone with ... but it says invalid username/pw ...... PLZ HELP. Also how can i see my usage stats ?

Charley

Just Do It
mohit said:
where is my email account of dataone and how do i administer it ?
i tried logging on www.dataone.in using the username and password that i connect to dataone with ... but it says invalid username/pw ...... PLZ HELP. Also how can i see my usage stats ?

What... Check it again .... :shock:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i checked it again man and it doesnt work ... my frnd is also facing the same problem. also i am getting pathetic speeds today .. firefox's bandwidth tester shows only 7 kilobytes/sec while last night it was showing 32 kilobytes/sec ... :twisted: ... these bsnl people deserve a beating man :evil:

Charley

Just Do It
mohit said:
i checked it again man and it doesnt work ... my frnd is also facing the same problem. also i am getting pathetic speeds today .. firefox's bandwidth tester shows only 7 kilobytes/sec while last night it was showing 32 kilobytes/sec ... :twisted: ... these bsnl people deserve a beating man :evil:

Before ur bashing up idea, u might wanna check this again. When ur a/c was activated didnt u get a password[not after changing it] with the login, try with that. It worked for me.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Before ur bashing up idea, u might wanna check this again. When ur a/c was activated didnt u get a password[not after changing it] with the login, try with that. It worked for me

i dint change any password man. those guys came and installed the stuff at my place and gave me a username and pw which i havent changed. i have tried logging with the same and it doesnt work. my fnrd is facing the same prob. god knows whts wrong.

Charley

Just Do It
mohit said:
i dint change any password man. those guys came and installed the stuff at my place and gave me a username and pw which i havent changed. i have tried logging with the same and it doesnt work. my fnrd is facing the same prob. god knows whts wrong.

Right, then probably u cud contact the customer care and let them know abt it. Also u cud try posting a complaint to www.bangaloretelecom.com .....

godzi_85

In the zone
ohh my uncle is having problems installing the damn modem..
he`s got a sis pci 900 fast ethernet adapter?? is it compatible with the 502T modem??? cause the modem isnt being detected .. :( tried it in win98 as well as windows XP...
how do i make it work in that dumb p3 machine.. please..

.. the modem works fine on other computers..

imprince

Journeyman
i never used dataone but after reading these post i rank this dataone 3*** star... hopw nobody would mind this .... 3*** is good rating for dataone in INDIA for home use ?

Charley

Just Do It
imprince said:
i never used dataone but after reading these post i rank this dataone 3*** star... hopw nobody would mind this .... 3*** is good rating for dataone in INDIA for home use ?

I'd assume on a scale of 5 u give 3, isnt it ??

rahulkunduru

Right off the assembly line

saROMan said:
wel same plzn here ..but i used to get 32-35 on P2p and 35+ on flashget(some times it touhed 175KBPS :p) but after formatting....:( i havnt reached to 35 yet :(:(

what's the problem...
how did you configure the modem...

well,...i have reached a top speed of 225 KBps... :wink:

:arrow: BlueStag

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
WTF!!!! How are you guys getting 175 and 225 kBps on a line that is a 256kbps line with a maximum average of around 32 kBps? You can get about 50-70 kBps max on a really, really fast FTP connection, but this is just impossible. It almost seems to defy the logic of networking, I would really like to see some screenshots if possible. Plus, remember that some applications might make errors themselves. I remember BitComet registered an upload speed of over 55 kBps for a torrent, and upon checking my download meter, it was actually at around 8 kBps. This is outright impossible and must be a mistake on the download manager's part.

As for me, I will rate it a 1 star, the idea is good, bringing people closer to true broadband, but with download caps of ridiculously small amounts like 1GB, no one can realise its potential, and in fact, most users would just be driven away from it all. At least, I know I am being driven away from it starting next month. No point sitting with a 1GB downoad limit when I download almost 1GB a day. :(

thecyclone2k

In the zone
This ca be happen if their lines are put in 3mbps line. I too got 150kbps+ on 1st day when my dataone connection started working, I guess by mistake they had put my line in 3mbps one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom