Calling all k750i users

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkasir

Broken In
Firstly I'd like to apologise if I am posting this in the wrong section.

Now, I purchased a k750i with bill last May ( & recommended it to everyone who was about to purchase a new cell). Till December, everything was fine. But, now the lens cover which slides open has developed a problem. Even when it is closed, the camera mode automatically switches on and ofcourse shows a black screen. This drains a lot of battery and is ofcourse frustrating. The mobile is essentially is not able to detect if the lens cover is open or not.

I went to the authorised service provider and he got it 'repaired' saying that the OS was too old. The cell worked fine only for the next 2-3 days. Again i went. this time he 'repaired' it saying that the Memory card was corrupt. I didn't believe either of his excuse but again the cell worked fine for 3 days.

What I'd like to ask is
1) if anyone else is facing the same problem here?
2) it is very infuriating to spend a week without mobile when i give it for servicing. Is it possible to have my set replaced or can I claim anything whatsoever? man, I spent Rs.20000 to buy that cell from the shop. I am feeling helpless.

Please help me.

aadipa

Padawan
Seems this is the problem in all device makers with a sliding shutter which opens camera mode (active shutter). My friend is having same issue with his Nokia 6680.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
odd problem, cos my bro has the same cell as of June. And he hasn't had these issues. However he has had other cos he dropped the phone into oil and all :p Am sorry but I havent heard of this. I personally hope this isnt so co I own a W800i :D

OP
P

pakkasir

Broken In
I wasn't charged anything for the services but I would like to know if I can get my cell replaced or anything? Ofcourse this is not a question about technology but if someone knows what all actually comes under the word "warranty" ?
Oh yes! , I haven't dropped/damaged my cell, it looks almost new except for some scratches here and there.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Typically you cant replace the cell unless the cell does not work and they cannot fix it. Period. Apart from the warranty is for the part of a product. And it usually does not cover external damage due to abuse. Like dropping the phone or something like that. Warranty basically is for the S/W and H/W which is in the phone.

mrao

Broken In
These are known bugs on older firmware versions....i believe that updating the k750 with the last 2 firmwares fixes these issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom