Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 4

ranjitsd

Journeyman
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Set For 2014, Sledgehammer Developing - NowGamer

Activision has confirmed that 2014's Call of Duty game will be developed by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 developers Sledgehammer and that the Call of Duty franchise will have a three year development cycle from now on.

To maintain annual releases with the three year development cycle, Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Sledgehammer wlll alternate on development.

"In order to implement the three-year development cycle, we needed a third studio capable of delivering the level of excellence required for the West's biggest interactive entertainment franchise, which bring us to our next change in approach this year," Activision said in their financial call.

"The development of this year's Call of Duty game is being led by Sledgehammer Games."

"They've demonstrated their skill on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and on their past highly rated games. They are the perfect choice to support our new approach and bring fresh ideas and creativity to this great franchise and to raise the bar for next-gen games overall, which we believe they can do, Activision continued.

It is not yet clear exactly where Sledgehammer will be taking the Call of Duty series in 2014, but, given that they worked on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, it's not unreasonable to assume that 2014's Call of Duty will be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4.

gameranand

Living to Play
Still one COD every year is a PITA for sure. I mean how many COD games you can purchase and the games are also very costly. They rarely come in Steam Sales so FAIL for me. BAD COD.

ankush28

Bazinga
I've played Cod 4 : Modern wwarfare (1st edition ) its great game and want to play other versions too but they are priced too high :'(

flyingcow

Shibe
Still one COD every year is a PITA for sure. I mean how many COD games you can purchase and the games are also very costly. They rarely come in Steam Sales so FAIL for me. BAD COD.
yeah...but isnt it same with other yearly games?? like FIFA?
OT
i thnik Battlefield came with 2 yrs gap...but i personally dont see any differences b/w them..apart from levolution etc...bf is same as COD..and with cod 3 yr cycles there wont be much diff just like BF IMO

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^FIFA has changed. I've played since 09, and there's a lot of changes. I also heard Ignite engine has done some great things for FIFA. They still need to tone down the OP throughball and header.

But this is literally the same. From gun handling to sounds to gameplay, no changes. If I was gonna buy CoD, I'd keep on waiting for the next CoD every year. lels.

flyingcow

Shibe
^FIFA has changed. I've played since 09, and there's a lot of changes. I also heard Ignite engine has done some great things for FIFA. They still need to tone down the OP throughball and header.
But this is literally the same. From gun handling to sounds to gameplay, no changes. If I was gonna buy CoD, I'd keep on waiting for the next CoD every year. lels.
ive been playing frm 11 i think it didnt seem too changed for me...12 and 13...
in defense of cod it too has changed since 2009 (modern warfare 2)...

OP
ranjitsd

ranjitsd

Journeyman

i don't buy cod i just go to any xbox parlour and finish the game 5 to 8hrs

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
its all about multiplayer with cod and bf. and yes cod and ea games prices in india totally sucks titan fall cost 3500 for the pc version

MW2 is the best cod yet IMO
MW2 was the start of the downfall of the franchise..downfall in terms of fan's hopes but huge success commercially.
Anyone feel that the first Call of Duty was the best one yet?? I mean it was mind friggin blowing the way they pumped up the Quake 3 engine and started the whole "linear-semi-rail-shooter" genre. Sure we are sick and tired of it now but it was very innovative and fresh for that time...

flyingcow

Shibe
MW2 was the start of the downfall of the franchise..downfall in terms of fan's hopes but huge success commercially.
Anyone feel that the first Call of Duty was the best one yet?? I mean it was mind friggin blowing the way they pumped up the Quake 3 engine and started the whole "linear-semi-rail-shooter" genre. Sure we are sick and tired of it now but it was very innovative and fresh for that time...
mw2 mp was my first cod....besides cod4 sp and 1,2,3 on ps2...
i didnt like cod 4 mp because i had already played a pretty advanced and fun mp 1st

Correct me if i am wrong but COD 4 is the last COD to feature LAN play right?? Because i see only COD 4 tournaments being hosted in my town and not BO or BO2 which are far superior...
And what is the latest multiplayer FPS game which allows LAN play

Nerevarine

Incarnate
BO2 is the best CoD in terms of story and gameplay..
MW1 comes a close second
(IMO)
MW2 has the best soundtracks

Correct me if i am wrong but COD 4 is the last COD to feature LAN play right?? Because i see only COD 4 tournaments being hosted in my town and not BO or BO2 which are far superior...
And what is the latest multiplayer FPS game which allows LAN play

that is true, you can try L4D2, BF BC2, and Crysis 2 (hard to setup lan server)

Top Bottom