call for third umpire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
soon i am going for a website(domain reg and hosting) in delhi
has anyone tried southdelhi.com ????? i mean is this firm worth trusting?
the package and prices are in a perfect balance here, atleast for me.
btw i am going for that Linux- Rs800 pack.

tuxfan

Technomancer
My suggestion.

Book the domain on your own using your own or a friend's credit card. Take hosting for whoever you want then, it doesn't matter much, because if you are not satisfied, you can switch hosting and no one can hold you to ransom. If you control the domain, you control the site. Even if you have to pay little extra for registering on your own, go for it.

Don't trust anyone with the domain registration. Go to *www.godaddy.com for registering a domain. A .com can be registered for less than $10.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
I agree wuith tuxfan here..

Dint u see the Bandwidth offered with that package?.. Its 500 MB per month, while u have 100 MB space.. Which means, you can download each file only 5 times a month(if u've used up all 100 MB)..

But have a look at these hosts.. u get Linux package for as low as 400 bucks..

Cenvo

I have hosted with them.. and so far its been pretty good..

try this one also..
FlashWebHost.com

OP
club_pranay

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
Thanx tuxfan and SmoothCriminal
i am thinking about net4india.com for domain .... is it good enuf?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Net4India is just about ok. Nothing great. Do they give you a way to change DNS servers on your own? Do you manage the domain with a username and a password. I mean do you actualy manage it or is it just a front end and their staff do it after you submit a request?

I would stick to what I said earlier. Use your own credit card and register. Then try out some free hosting. If it isn' sufficient, go for paid one. Even I have been hosting sites for people, but still I suggest this for your own benefit :) Trying to live up to the spirit of forums :)

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
hmm.. Net4india, as i just went thru the site it seems they do give u the control panel.. But Rs.495 for a domain is just too much acc to me.. You get domains for as low as Rs.295..

Anyway.. Why not try godaddy for $7.95.. ? Its quite reliable as well..

tuxfan

Technomancer
The last time I bought a domain from Net4India, they were the resellers of bulkregistrer.com (or bulkregistrar.com). They didn't have any interface to change info related to domains. But that was long time back. Things may have changed. 495 is surely more. There are cheaper and better alternatives available.

BTW, Net4India is a registrar for .in domains. Have you thought of taking that one? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom