Cable or BT connection for cell to laptop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i use my t610 with airtel gprs mobile office to connect to the net thru my laptop via infra red. i am getting pretty bad speed with the current setup. i wanna buy either a cable or BT dongle to interface my cell and the laptop. a few queries.......

bluetooth peaks out at 1mb/s, ir at 400kb/s (as to what most of us have) and usb peaks out at 480mb/s and 12 mb/s (of corz depending on the device connected).....so doesnt that mean a usb cable connection is faster than bluetooth? i mean cant the t610 communicate at usb 1.0 speeds?

i am getting pretty low speeds (peak download speed i get is around 11kb/s). so i am in a dilemma whether to buy a usb cable or a bluetooth adaptor. i've seen many say that bluetooth is faster...but plz enlighten me about this. i am not bothered abt the battery consumption...all i want is speed.

theraven

Technomancer
ur problem is the connection it self
now the ir/bluetoothe/usb
ur gettin what connection is provided to you by ur ISP
changing the way ur mobile communicates with ur pc will not make a diff to ur net speeds

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok c first of all, u r already getting 11kbps...second of all, if IR peaks out at 400kbps and u r getting 11kbps, how will a faster PC-cell phone connection help??? u could get a cable or BT connection if u want faster communication 4 say transferring images between ur phone and laptop...but it wont make a difference 2 ur net connection...if u still wanna get BT or cable, i would recommend u get BT as it will b compatible with other phones and devices too as opposed 2 cable which will work only with ur phone or other SE phones...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom