Cabinet Confusion - buying today at 3pm

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hi,
I m going to buy upgrade parts for me today at lemington. :D

I have developed confusion for cabinet. Initially i had decided NZXT Gamma. But its prices have been increased like 40% to 2800 from ~2000.
Still it holds VFM tag or i should consider more of them ?
While looking at others i can go till 3.5k max.

My main concern is airflow and cooling inside the case. One with more bundled fans is more welcome kind. Coz after getting a Gamma i need to spend 700-800 more for 3 fans i want to add to it. Also how are roadside fans in lemington ?

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Hey Sorcy, I had seen pack of four CM fans for 945 on EBay. Can we get it for that less ?

These can make NZXT Gamma + Pack of 4 fans in 3.5K

robotsmani

Journeyman
NZXT Gamma = Good Cable management
I have both CM Elite 430 and NZXT Gamma. I recommend the NZXT Gamma for the cable management.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Not sure which one you're talking about, but just check out which ones they have in stores. Most likely the ones I am talking about are non-LED standard ball bearing types. Maybe Prime has it.

Yeah I am talking about Non-LED ones - Cooler Master R4-S2S-124K-GP 120mm.
But catch is now that I am also buying Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 which have only one three pin fan connector.

I guess i need to find fans with legacv 4 pin power connector so i can connect them directly with PSU.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Or there's always this. BitFenix Shinobi Window (Ignore Corsair 500R). I think cassette World has them for display.
*i.imgur.com/VBQ3j.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xqme3.jpg
*i.imgur.com/xqme3.jpg
*i.imgur.com/FlZEs.jpg
*i.imgur.com/QXBE7.jpg

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
ehh not sure, its somewhere around your budget. Review should be up by monday but it can take in long cards pretty easily and with window you are getting 2x 120mm fluid bearing fans. Cable management went pretty nice with TX750 so its not much of an issue. Just wish the HDD slots are right angled.

BitFenix Window is bit pricey (windowed side panel+ front 120mm fan+ HDD/5.25" tooless clamps) but its a good case with a strong framed. Bitfenix Shinbi non-window should come within your budget, but you end up spending bit more.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
^You will get a 3 pin to molex connector with CM fans.

Are you sure ?

@Sorcy, hey buddy I liked the case but when referred to bitfang[.]com, I found out pricing it as 3875 for non-window version and 4550 for window verison. Well, its out of budget.

Now, Gamma or Source 210 Elite or other in same range ?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Stick with Source 210- provided its an elite version. Prime is selling these for 2.6k and get couple of 120mm fans for the front.

BitFenix prices are as follows:
Shinobi Black - Rs 3900/-
Shinobi Black Window - Rs 4750/-
Shinobi White Window - Rs 4750/-

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
ITWares is a shop on top of Prime. Check out in both of it. They pretty much sell stuff from eachother as it is.

OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Yeah, ther are in same building.

Today will be my big purchase day. :hyper:
List goes as
Phenom II X4 955BE (used one - buying from a guy)
Gigabyte 880GM-USB3
Seasonic S12 620W
NZXT Source 210 Elite
SSD in 5K around - not sure which one but have opened a thred and have got suggestions of Kingston one.
:bananana:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I were you I would save more money and buy a 120GB SSD. You are better off that way in the long run.

I agree.

@OP: there's some 120gb models available in and around at Bitfang. Also Corsair Force3 120gb is 9.8k at Deltapage. You may get a better deal locally.

Last edited:
OP
V

vyral_143

Constructed New Rig..!!
Sadly I can not afford to spend 10K around for SSD now.
What minimum size i should consider when buying one ?
Also I will be buying Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 which does not SATA3 so if SATA3 is at premium point i can leave it.

Top Bottom