C++ with Vb.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

puja399

In the zone
I am sorry to know that u had to buy tc++, and u have to learn TC++ in ur school becuz they didn't care to upgrade. I think the people teaching u C++ in school learned C++ with TC++ a long long time ago, and didn't care to upgrade their knowledge too. Anyways, don't worry. There r ways 2 ovrcome that. First of all, if u learn VC++ at ur home, u can run most of the TC++ programs on VC++ (excluding those which use DOS specific fuction calls, like initgraph(), and those from dos.h). So long as the TC++ code contains functions and keywords that complies with ANSI C++, they will run in VC++.

In that way, u can learn real C++ at home and manage TC++ in ur school.

Now, u need a real C++ compiler like VC++. If u can get a copy of Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003, or even Visual Studio 6, it will b great. But they r quite costly and comes in multi CD pack. VS.Net 2003 comes in 7 CDs and VS6 comes in 5 CDs pack. So imagine the size of the thing. If u can't manage to buy it, u can borrow it from others.

If u cant get VC++, u can use GNU C++ which is also very good and ANSI C++ compliant. Moreover its freeware and u can download it from the net for free. I recommend Dev-C++ from Bloodshed software which includes a nice IDE and also the complete GNU C++ compiler.
U can visit their page at *www.bloodshed.net
Download it from *ovh.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/dev-cpp/devcpp-4.9.9.2_setup.exe. Its 9 MB.

Wht books ru reading for C++?

Dev-C++ IDE Screenshot
*www.bloodshed.net/images/devcpp5_scr.jpg

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, v r given a buk which dont have any thing in connection with C++ in fact da buk has nothing abt C++.

While few days earlier I asked our librarian to get a copy of 9th class computer since some1 stole mine. he said dat its not there but if v want another computer buk for reading then he can lend us da computer buk of class 11th.

I opted for dat & found dat it contained every word in da same sequence in which our teacher made us write in our note buks. It is "Computer Science by Sumita Arora. 4th Edition 2003."

It contains following things:-

Computer Overview & DOS

Programming in C++

Data Representation

Computer Organisation

Event Programming

Software Concepts

while the school in which I studied earlier contained JAVA & MS Office a& HTML.

MS Office with OS was taught us in 8th while JAVA & HTML & Internet was decide to teach uu in 9th & 10th.

They were in association with NIIT & had really gud system while da new school in which I am currently studying is damn damn bad n its monitors seems to b 13 /11 inch. they have a switch at their bottom. da keyboards dont contain start button and da mouse dont works.

And one much more amazing things is dat they teach C++ from 9th to 12th in TC++ only.

The most irritating thing is dat da teacher rarely meets student, half yearly exams had moved on n he had given us only three pages of notes. he dont even te;lls us which header files to include. wat is da use of header files & many more questions.

I'm just willing to suicide. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Since, I cant liv w/o computer n thought dat I will continue Software Engineering after 12th but now I dont think dat they will not allow me to giv entrance exams for S/W Engineering. While da othe students will b knowing C++ & Java & HTML & JAVA2. I'll b knowing nothing.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

puja399

In the zone
There is no need to be so morbid, life certainly doesn't end here. However, u need 2 depend on urself, and know that self help is da best help. Isn't there any public library in ur city? If yes, u can try there 4 books. If not, then there is still a way. If u have access 2 da Internet, u can download all the eBooks and tutorials u need from the net itself. And if can manage to buy some C++ and othe computer books, thats even better, I can tell u a few books that wll b helpful. I think ur using dialup connexion frm ur home, in that case, u can try to convince ur parents to take Internet phone from BSNL, it gives u unlimited dialup access at a nominal cost. If u have any good cyber cafe having Broadband connexion in ur city (like Sify iWay), and if it has cd writing facility, u can download things from there and take them 2 ur home on a CD. U can certainly download the Dev-c++ that I gave u in my previous post and use it.
There r so many ways 2 do things and there is no need 2 feel helpless. If u have internet, u will get all the help u need. So, cheer up and move ahead.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hi,

Most Schools/Institutes might not be aware of the Microsoft Sells Almost all of its software at down to earth prices for educational institutes.Ranging from windows XP pro(upgrade) to Visual studio .NET!!!

If a institute qualifies for its program then u can buy any of their software at lesser prices.

Whats there for students ?????

They can take home a copy and install it on their pc :D !!! The Students get genuein copies :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D .

I had been approved to do my final year project on VB.NET in my college by microsoft, and guess what? they sent me a legal copy of "Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2003 Academic edition" for free :lol:. The copy which i recived had to be activated by internet or phone.

This applies for Qualified Educational Institutes(Schools/PU Colleges/Engineering Colleges)/Students only. NOT FOR INDIVIDUALS.

Please chk the following link

*www.microsoft.com/india/education/

*www.microsoft.com/education/default.mspx

Microsoft Authorised Education Resellers
*www.microsoft.com/india/education/AER.aspx

I hope this information was useful

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
puja399 said:
Isn't there any public library in ur city? If yes, u can try there 4 books.

Yes, there is, but, it is useless. I visited it. There's nothing new. They have buks for MS-DOS, OS - Windows 95, C++ balmer / bolmer, and many more things which we can consider as Golden History of Computers.

puja399 said:
If u have access 2 da Internet, u can download all the eBooks and tutorials u need from the net itself. And if can manage to buy some C++ and othe computer books, thats even better, I can tell u a few books that wll b helpful.

Yeah u r correct. Currently I'm downloading tuts for Flash.

Yeah I can manage to buy computer and other buks and I can even giv a try for S/W.

Plz tel me abt those buks.

puja399 said:
Internet phone from BSNL

Plz gimme mor info on dat.

BTW is it more profitable than BSNL DATAONE?

puja399 said:
U can certainly download the Dev-c++ that I gave u in my previous post and use it.

Yes, I will download it as I complete downloading Flash tuts.

@ charangk

Thanks a lot!

Your post is really helpful but who is gonna teach 'em when they dont even hav qualified teahers for teaching. I think that I will try a school in Lucknow if I pass 9th from this school and if I fail then also I will apply for a school in Lucknow. Don't think I'm weak in studoies. I have been a rocker in my old school. There wasnt any one to compete with me in Computer, Mathematics and English Language.

Me got First Rank plenty of times but u know, that no one can say whats gonna happen with him next. So, unfortunately a guy of 11th died in our school and many major teachers left da school and due to this I have to leave dat school. My father works very far from home and comes here once a month or two. My mother thought that this school will be gud as it was very close to my house and approximately it had 110 students per class. But I didnt knew that it has lots of students but no teachers. The school is named English Medium but the teachers even cant speak English.

The school is having a really amusing set of teacher, I think it will b better if V call it a ZOO instead since every teacher there is gr8 in some aspect. (Please try to understand the actual meaning of gr8 there urself) Its name shud b added in Guiness Book of World Records for having the most weird set of teachers.

I will define some teachers in my next post.

Now, come back to topic, Mr. Gopi Charan K, I'm a student in 9th CBSE. Tel me if I can apply there as a student and can get Visual Basic as there is no way 2 confess the authority to get a license from them or to move from TC++ to C++. They even dont provide buks for C++ and till today v hav had only 3 theory classes. and three pages of notes. V havent been told abt Keywords yet v only know abt types of TOKENS.

They have taken exams and got a very bad result even though da students arent caring for it as they why to worry for it. It is a side subject. No problem even if v fail in it. So no one is worried abt it except me and two other students. They too agree with me but v hav no way to make changes as v r nothing for them. if v will ask for anything such then they can simply ask us to leave da school since they hav lots of students.

Bye.

puja399

In the zone
U wanted to know abt internet phone, its a separate phone line from which u can dial only internet calls (ie, 172XXX numbers) and there is no call charge except that u have to pay a fixed monthly rent of Rs.499/- no matter how much u use that phone. There is also a special scheme for students where the internet call charge is much less than normal, u hve to contact the local BSNL office for details.

Yes, broadband connection is certainly better that dialup, where u get 256kbps connection, and u can download about 100MB of data in one hour. If u take BSNL's Home 500 plan, u get a bandwidht of 1GB per month, also u get free download time from 2 am to 8 am everyday (u have to run computer overnight though, to take advantage of that).

U can visit the website of ur local BSNL office or *bsnl.co.in.
Regarding books, u can start by reading the Bruce Eckel's book 'Thinking in C++', it has got 2 volumes, the print version of the first volume is available in india (published by Pearson Education'), but before that I suggest that u download both the volumes (they r available for free download) and read them first 2 c whether u like them. I think it is a great book for learning C++.
Usue the following link:
*mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html

For other links, PM me.

I hope this will help u mich.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
I think i'll like to have internet phone..

tel me its registration charges... & tarifff

btw i'm searching for da above on bsnl's site

lemme see those buks...
but when they r available freely then why shud i buy them instead of d/ling them???

what speed is offered by internet phone....

yup ur reply helped much noy mich :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom