C++ compiler problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I have got Turbo C++ v3.0 installed on my system. I have this strange problem with my compiler. When I type lines of code and move up or down the lines of code, the lines of code will be highlighted, just like you hold down the shift key and moving up or down the typed lines in a text editor. Also, in the error window, I can't move up or down the error messages with my keyboard. I have to use my mouse to check for each error line. I don't face any such problem with the C compiler by the same company. This has me in a real fix.
This install file works fine with ALL the PCs I have tried.

I use this complier as the same compiler is used in college and I need to port my programs from college to home often. So guys, please don't suggest a different compiler for me, atleast for now.

I face the same problem while using MASM as well. I will give you my specs of my system. PLEASE HELP OUT THIS POOR SOUL. :(

My system specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 939)
MSI RS-480M2 motherboard
160 GB SATA Seagate HDD
512 MB DDR RAM (Hynix)
Windows XP Professional Build 2600

I also tried by installing service packs, no use. :(

\/endett/\

Broken In
Try reinstalling.
phreak0utt said:
I use this complier as the same compiler is used in college and I need to port my programs from college to home often. So guys, please don't suggest a different compiler for me, atleast for now.
Still, i insist u get Borland command line compiler [free] or C++ Builder...
There shouldnt be any issues coz Borland follows ASCII code and both TurboC++ and Borland C++ are by the same company, viz Borland. TurboC++ is way 2 old...i dunno y all schools and colleges r sticking to it

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Thanks for the quick reply, but I need to find out why this is happening on my system. I did try Borland, but the same code doesn't seem to work properly and its taking me loads of time to get used to it. So guys, please let me know what is causing this irritating problem.

Hope to hear a final solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance again.

Bye.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well turbo c++ 3 doesn't work under windows XP , you'll have to make a new partition on your drive , install dos on it and then run turbo c++ under dos .

IM me if u want more help .

\/endett/\

Broken In
yes, it does work under XP...i dunno which version..but it does
Second thing, the problem isnt with NOT WORKING, its with faulty working.
AFAIK, TC++ doesnt come with an installation setup...its just copy-paste-and-run. Maybe some file is corrupted, tryt getting another copy and use it :)

PS: borland commnad line is very easy to use if u integrate scintilla editor with it. It functions just like TurboC++ win GUI program (version 4.XX)

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

\/endett/\ said:
AFAIK, TC++ doesnt come with an installation setup...its just copy-paste-and-run. Maybe some file is corrupted, tryt getting another copy and use it :)

PS: borland commnad line is very easy to use if u integrate scintilla editor with it. It functions just like TurboC++ win GUI program (version 4.XX)

\/endett/\ I got the TC++ as a setup file. Probably this version was introduced after people preferred a setup file than a normal copy paste thing. It does the same thing, just extract those files and folders to a directory. Nothing new there.

Well, my problem somehow got fixed all by itself I don't know how. I just re-installed TC++ and it was working fine. I don't know what caused it to work right. This is the first time it worked properly since I bought my PC. According to the sticky post regarding the 16-bit windows system, that helped me out to know something. That might have been the problem, but I have kept a backup of the file posted there. I shudder to reinstall my OS even if something goes wrong it might trigger the unknown event of making my compiler go awry. Crossing my fingers and working on it.

mukul

Journeyman
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well turbo c++ 3 doesn't work under windows XP , you'll have to make a new partition on your drive , install dos on it and then run turbo c++ under dos .

IM me if u want more help .

it works... in win xp...

@phreakoutt
try checking
option->editor settings....
this might help u ... as some one might have just changed them

\/endett/\ said:
AFAIK, TC++ doesnt come with an installation setup...its just copy-paste-and-run. Maybe some file is corrupted, tryt getting another copy and use it ...

it comes with setup only ... but works well too after we just copy the installation directory ....that's why its so prevalent that way.... if u want i can give link to its setup....

praka123

left this forum longback
I'll suggest you to try GCC's g++ compiler for C++,and move to a GNU/Linux version with IDE's Like Anjuta etc...GCC is much updated to ANSI/ISO specifications.why to use old/pirated Turbo C/C++ versions!?:eek:

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

nik_for_you said:
I also had same problem some time ago.. but dont remember how i solved it !!

Well, I realised how the problem is solved. I had to format and reinstall my OS. The same problem with the compiler started again. Installed SP1a. No use! Installed SP2. Working fine. Cool aint it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom