By Demand [July 2013]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Demands can also be made by e-mail, story ideas and other suggestions (Fast Track ideas, design, demands for specific articles etc)

Suggestions for DVD content, mail links or suggestions to
*img829.imageshack.us/img829/9820/bydemandtext.png
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only for DVD content
Some more ways in which you can send us demands. If you use Free Download Manager, set the files for download, limit the bandwidth to minimal (3-4 bytes/s), export the download list, then mail us the list of suggestions to the DVD email id mentioned above. See if you can send us lists for the perfect 16GB content mix, so we'll get an idea of how much content you want
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Listed below are sites where we get most of our stuff for the DVDs. Keep adding more interesting sites to the list...

Software: Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com, Free Downloads Encyclopedia - Softpedia
Games: GameSpot is your go-to source for video game news, reviews, and entertainment, GamersHell.com - Largest Independent Video Gaming Website (gh3d.com) - GamersHell.com
Game Trailers: Video Game Trailers for Wii, PSP, Xbox, PS3 & More | Upcoming Video Games
HD Trailers: Best Place on the Web to Download HD Trailers - HD-Trailers.net (HDTN)
Music: Free and legal music downloads - Jamendo, If You Make It, Daytrotter: The source for new music discovery and free MP3 downloads from the best emerging bands., QUOTE UNQUOTE RECORDS.COM! HOME OF "RECORDS"!, Purevolume, Mp3.com
Audiobooks: librivox.org, AudioOwl - Free Audio Books - Download mp3 and iPod format today!
Lectures and Courses: academicearth.org, MIT Open Courseware, Open Yale Courses, freevideolectures.com
Distros: distrowatch.com
Movies: vodo.net
PS: To ensure that your requests are added to the DVDs, please try to send them in by the 9-12 of each month

> Tutorial on blender.
> Tutorial on developing CUDA apps without a GPU.
> Windows Blue is due this month, so that could be included.
> Trending TED videos (other than the Top 20 videos).
> A special "Freeware Alternative to Everything" section/part which would include freeware; or possible open source; alternatives to all common tools and utilities people use in their daily life.

r4gs

In the zone
> Tutorial on blender.
> Tutorial on developing CUDA apps without a GPU.
> Windows Blue is due this month, so that could be included.
> Trending TED videos (other than the Top 20 videos).
> A special "Freeware Alternative to Everything" section/part which would include freeware; or possible open source; alternatives to all common tools and utilities people use in their daily life.

CUDA without GPU?

CUDA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CUDA without GPU?

CUDA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

*code.google.com/p/gpuocelot/

Clearly, most people don't know that CUDA code can be compiled on an x86 based machine. There are various methods to run it on x86 CPU with gpuocelot being the most popular and LLVM being another choice. Of course the efficiency of execution will be poor, but sufficient for learning ppurpose.In Linux, there is a compiler argument to run CUDA code on CPU, but similar this is not available under Windows. The steps of setting up gpuocelot are bit confusing and varying. A good tutorial on how to set it up or other similar ways would be great.

r4gs

In the zone
*code.google.com/p/gpuocelot/

Clearly, most people don't know that CUDA code can be compiled on an x86 based machine. There are various methods to run it on x86 CPU with gpuocelot being the most popular and LLVM being another choice. Of course the efficiency of execution will be poor, but sufficient for learning ppurpose.In Linux, there is a compiler argument to run CUDA code on CPU, but similar this is not available under Windows. The steps of setting up gpuocelot are bit confusing and varying. A good tutorial on how to set it up or other similar ways would be great.

Hmm. That's very interesting. Does anyone here know how to do it? I obviously have no clue. :)

We can easily feature it in the mag or website if someone can do a good job of it.

Hmm. That's very interesting. Does anyone here know how to do it? I obviously have no clue. :)

We can easily feature it in the mag or website if someone can do a good job of it.
I may try it again as I'm free for quite many days now. If I succeed, I'll post it.

OP
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@Gearbox, Limitless and thetechfreak

Yes, the DVD's will have E3 videos for sure. And a surprise as well!

Cheers and e-peace,
Sid_gamer

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Sid_Gamer Thanks a lot for the info. Now I can't wait to get my hands on the July issue :D

*still thinking what the surprise might be about*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom