[By Demand] August 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnaj867

Right off the assembly line
Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

tmanikandan

The Incredible
DB2 Express - C Free Edition
Code Blocks
Visual C++ Express Free Edition
Borland C++ Free Compiler

Last edited:

DigitCritic

Broken In
BIG Thanks for providing VMWARE Server 2.0 in July Issue. However I would like to request for the same software but for Linux 64 bit OS. If that is possible. See these days by 64 bit OS is prevalent and those who have bought PC/Laptop since last 1 year or so are more or less using 64 bit OS.
In fact some people consider 32 bit systems obsolete. Moreover when you are running stuff like VMWARE, Virtual Box etc you need more usable memory which can only be provided by 64 bit OSes.

Another thing which I would like to see is SERVICE PACK 1 for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Please make WHITE PAPERS and Video Tutorial as Permanent Section on Digit DVDs.

However please focus on the quality and relevance of the white papers otherwise no one would even think about white papers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I second your these demands :p

BTW, 32 bit consumer grade OS has limitation of maximum 4 GB ram but some server and enterprise grade 32 bit OS can support ram more than 4 GB.

For eg.

Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 32 bit can support 64 GB ram
32 bit Windows Server 2003 SP2 Datacenter Edition can support as much as 128 GB of ram.
Windows 2000 Datacenter Edition 32 can support 32 GB of ram

In fact 32 bit apps has mem limitation of 2 GB but 64 bits app don't have this paltry limitation. A 32 bit app on a 64 bit OS will have the same limitation but 32 bit OS don't has such limitation as you've seen in the above example.

So the limitation is application based not OS architecture based.

jayantr7

In the zone
rank of thinkdigit.com has made up........many more hits are done this month on this website....write about how?why?when?

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

give webinars [latest one and important ones]....i was not able to attend it.....i also cant watch the vids as i dont have time and my net connection is slow[156kbps]

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
review of ASUS mars II

and budget Rigs,
eg. most people [like me] want a good PC with gaming, multimedia etc. and we are happy to spend upto
Rs 6K for processor
Rs.7K for Graphics card
Rs.5K for RAM
4K for mobo
good local SMPS @ less than 1K

etc. etc. good budget rigs, digit is all about rich people now. it is far better during 2005-2006.

now chip feels better.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ one suggestion - there's no "good" local psu out there below 1 k mark if you want to use a good gfx card for your rig in 7k range.

Instead reviews of budget PSUs ( FSP Saga II, Gigabyte, Seasonic and corsair ) upto 3k range can be added :p

satya164

Right off the assembly line
UC Browser 7.2

UC Browser is a great mobile browser. In Digit DVD, The old UCWEB6.3 are still given even if the UC Browser 7.0 had released long ago. UC Browser 7.2 ahs been released this month. The page rendering has been improved a lot and many new features have been added. I request to add it in the DVD.

Changelog:

Function Optimization:
1. Developed user experience with faster speed.
2. Intelligent websites address input mechanism added based on local website address grammar.
3. Share websites with friends by SMS
4. WEB UA & WAP UA can be selected to help you access to your preferred website format.
5. Excellent themes made by UC Team are available to download.
6. Optimized cursor mode
7. Capture and upload function to bring you more fun in SNS.

Bug Fixes:
8. Fixed the problem that some JAVA phones cannot get access to internet with WAP Access points.
9. Fixed the problem that blank screen happens to some websites

Official Website
www.ucweb.com

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
well after requesting several times for after effects & premiere cs5 finally i download after effects via my cellphnne. Well i want to knw if you guys can provide premiere cs5 in august edition, then its ok ,otherwise i have to dwnld it too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
What speed you are getting in your cell phone - are you using 3G ?

Demand - A topic covering 3G activities and it's future in the country :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom