Buying SimCity

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I only bought BF3 for my brother, and the Premium Edition because it was on a massive sale. Rs 3200 would have been too much, I agree.

Because of the 25 March deadline, I guess the only prudent way to buy it is to buy a digital copy. My Origin is updating at 15 KB/s for some reason :(

15KB/s??? wow..

I am more woried about my BSNL FUP. :)

Also, looks like origin has removed any traces of simcity sale for India from couple of days now. I think I might be the last one (in TDF) to get it from Origin?? :p

Even the players like FK/G4U doesnt have it.

bippukt

In the zone
15KB/s??? wow..

I am more woried about my BSNL FUP. :)

Also, looks like origin has removed any traces of simcity sale for India from couple of days now. I think I might be the last one (in TDF) to get it from Origin?? :p

Even the players like FK/G4U doesnt have it.

EDIT: I just checked EA India's facebook page and they have pulled it on the same grounds as BF3 Premium - people outside India abusing a technical loophole. Why can't they fix their technical issues on such an important issue once and for all? If it doesn't back before 25 March, I would be very disappointed.

I don't think there is any way to buy Simcity in India unless you are willing to pay the US price. I hope this isn't another of EA's shady tricks where they are trying to avoid giving a free game to Indian customers because they already get the game cheaper here. If the game turns up in the store after the deadline has passed, I will play EA Games like the other 99% of Indian gamers play. There is no shortage of publishers deserving of my money.

BTW, I have no FUP and I can usually get 1-2 MB/s. After Origin updated at 15 KB/s, I updated BF3 at over 1 MB/s :D

Last edited:

jigar7

Right off the assembly line
I waited 45 mins to chat live with an EA rep on 23rd March 2013 and he knew nothing of the asia launch. Instead he blamed it on the retailers in India for not selling the game. (Yeah right you faggots!!) People are buying like crazy and there is no reason not to sell it EA.... but yes... EA doesn't want people to know the truth....

EA doesn't want more Simcity players for now... so instead of getting more servers and releasing bug fixing patches to solve the issue... they took the easy and the most pathetic way out.... stop retail in India. It has been released in and around a lot of other Asia Pacific countires (I have my sources).

Second reason is that players activing Simcity before 25th March 2013 would be eligible for a free EA game... so EA is being rediculously stupid by not wanting to sell due to this reason. (I own all the games that are on that free game list for Simcity). If you activated before 25th March... you can claim your free game before 31st March. All the retailers in Mumbai have just one thing to say... New stock arriving in the 1st week of April... BAMM!! There you have it.. EA is trying to cut their losses by giving out more free games in India.

EA didn't even give refunds to people who already bought the game in the United States... so I say that EA can burn in hell! This time around... Simcity devs really f@#ked up a beautiful franchise. The Social aspect of the game (being something new) should have been optional... and the always online DRM is screwed up as well. Whenever my internet goes off... Gaming is what I do... and online DRM is gonna f**k this up!

I'd rather pirate this game if EA doesnt care about people who don't pirate games! I have always bought all my games.... but I aint spending anything on this one. I'm sure the DRM will be cracked soon. You can keep the hell out of the Indian retail market EA... have it your way. Your loss.. not ours! We will still play the game weather you like it or not!

Top Bottom