Buying SimCity

hearthacker

Journeyman
Apparently, Simcity is not available in India for online ordering. Is there a place I can goto in Bangalore to buy it? like a retail store...

thanks
~N

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Apparently, Simcity is not available in India for online ordering. Is there a place I can goto in Bangalore to buy it? like a retail store...

thanks
~N

Are you sure on this?? Because i got my digital copy of simcity from origin online. Downloaded and started playing it as well.

But if you are looking for physical copy, I am not sure though.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
*www.facebook.com/EA.India/posts/460565524013027

Can u send me a link which you used to buy the game?

Thanks
~N

I am extremely sorry as i cant help you at the moment with any links as I am in office and I cant open any links. However, search for "EA origin india".

You will find the EA site. There you can download the origin app and origin app (like steam) has a store for all EA games.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
I am extremely sorry as i cant help you at the moment with any links as I am in office and I cant open any links. However, search for "EA origin india".

You will find the EA site. There you can download the origin app and origin app (like steam) has a store for all EA games.

I tried looking on the EA Origin Store online but couldnt find it. Can't install apps in the office :( ..

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I tried looking on the EA Origin Store online but couldnt find it. Can't install apps in the office :( ..

Its there listed in the app.. The problem is its not poping out in search and we arent getting the exact link to buy the game.

So go home, install the app and search it manually in the app store.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
Its there listed in the app.. The problem is its not poping out in search and we arent getting the exact link to buy the game.

So go home, install the app and search it manually in the app store.

I have gone thru the entire Origin store but couldn't find the game :(

bippukt

In the zone
If you cannot get it from Origin, you can buy it from Game4u. It is available both as a disk and as a download only. Here's the download link:

Home | Game4u India- Buy PC Games, PS3 Games, Xbox 360 Games in India | Buy PSP Games | Buy Games Online | Buy Games Online India. |SimCity Limited Edition

You can also buy the disk version from Flipkart. EDIT: I checked - Flipkart says its temporarily unavailable. So I checked Origin myself and yes, Simcity is missing. Its DLCs are available, but not the original game. So it is quite possible the Game4u thing might also not work when you try to buy it.

rahulkadukar

Broken In
This is one game which I would encourage you to not buy because EA is a scumbag

1. You need to be always online to play single player
2. The online servers are not working as they should

bippukt

In the zone

Oh, I agree with that. But if someone wants to buy it at full price, it is his choice. The reviews for it really suck, even though most of the reviews were written after the game was "fixed". A rating of 64 with 45 critic reviews says BAD loudly.

SimCity for PC Reviews - Metacritic

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
If you cannot get it from Origin, you can buy it from Game4u. It is available both as a disk and as a download only. Here's the download link:

Home | Game4u India- Buy PC Games, PS3 Games, Xbox 360 Games in India | Buy PSP Games | Buy Games Online | Buy Games Online India. |SimCity Limited Edition

You can also buy the disk version from Flipkart. EDIT: I checked - Flipkart says its temporarily unavailable. So I checked Origin myself and yes, Simcity is missing. Its DLCs are available, but not the original game. So it is quite possible the Game4u thing might also not work when you try to buy it.

Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately, it won;t allow me to download the digital copy. :(

I understand the reviews are bad, but I would still like to try this game out. :)

bippukt

In the zone
Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately, it won;t allow me to download the digital copy. :(

I understand the reviews are bad, but I would still like to try this game out. :)

You will just have to wait, I guess. For some reason, EA is not selling Simcity in India at the moment. At least that is what it seems like.

OP
H

hearthacker

Journeyman
You will just have to wait, I guess. For some reason, EA is not selling Simcity in India at the moment. At least that is what it seems like.

Yep. Seems like waiting is the only option. I was wondering, if someone in the US buys the digital copy of the game using my origin account and then I login here, will I be able to download the game?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

Not true and this is a news of the past. Please do not misguide someone just by reading the old news.

There was launch issues but they are rectified. I bought the game after 3 days of its launch and i dint have any issue connecting the game or playing it continuosly though Maxis was still rectifying and increasing the load management schema.

Its completely stable now and we have umpteen number of servers to connect to.

Ofcourse its an always online DRM game and expect all the games in future to adapt this to stay in piracy plagued pc game market.

bippukt

In the zone
Not true and this is a news of the past. Please do not misguide someone just by reading the old news.

There was launch issues but they are rectified. I bought the game after 3 days of its launch and i dint have any issue connecting the game or playing it continuosly though Maxis was still rectifying and increasing the load management schema.

Its completely stable now and we have umpteen number of servers to connect to.

Ofcourse its an always online DRM game and expect all the games in future to adapt this to stay in piracy plagued pc game market.

Actually, there are still issues with the game. There are still reports of game progress loss and some features are still disabled. Things are much improved from the launch disaster, but the majority opinion of reviewers is that game has a lot of bugs and issues.

As for always online becoming mandatory in the future, not necessarily. Ubisoft already backtracked and EA might be wary of doing it again after this backlash. The thing is - to be able to successfully pull it off, a lot of resources and investment is required. So you will only see it for AAA titles. As things stand now, the costs involved are pretty high and the result of failure is a PR and customer support nightmare. Diablo 3 and Simcity have the budget (and still failed miserably at launch), but a majority of games do not.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Actually, there are still issues with the game. There are still reports of game progress loss and some features are still disabled. Things are much improved from the launch disaster, but the majority opinion of reviewers is that game has a lot of bugs and issues.

As for always online becoming mandatory in the future, not necessarily. Ubisoft already backtracked and EA might be wary of doing it again after this backlash. The thing is - to be able to successfully pull it off, a lot of resources and investment is required. So you will only see it for AAA titles. As things stand now, the costs involved are pretty high and the result of failure is a PR and customer support nightmare. Diablo 3 and Simcity have the budget (and still failed miserably at launch), but a majority of games do not.

May I know which was the last game that you have played and had no issues whatsoever within a month of its launch??
If not for your findings, there will be the same kinda threads that you have read now on simcity that exist for each of the game released.

Please let me know what are the issues and bugs that you are talking about here.

Agree that simcity isnt perfect, when no other games are and we still encourage people to buy the games on its merit, this definetly is a game to buy for people who like the genre (IMO).

Ubisoft had more issues than Diablo or Simcity for them to backtrack. But after both EA and Battlenet fixed their server loads, there wasnt much of an issue with always online gaming..

Obviously, in India we have latency issues, but with private players with high speed internets, its gonna be soon be erradicated. Besides, Simcity doesnt need such low pings either. It runs seemlessly on slower internet connections as well.

I am no fan of EA or simcity, but i bought it just because i enjoy the genre. And for me, its a winner.

However, the only botheration is the 2x2 city size which gets exhausted pretty fast.. but yeah u still can take over a new place adjacent and build a city there..

bippukt

In the zone
May I know which was the last game that you have played and had no issues whatsoever within a month of its launch??
If not for your findings, there will be the same kinda threads that you have read now on simcity that exist for each of the game released.

Please let me know what are the issues and bugs that you are talking about here.

Agree that simcity isnt perfect, when no other games are and we still encourage people to buy the games on its merit, this definetly is a game to buy for people who like the genre (IMO).

Ubisoft had more issues than Diablo or Simcity for them to backtrack. But after both EA and Battlenet fixed their server loads, there wasnt much of an issue with always online gaming..

Obviously, in India we have latency issues, but with private players with high speed internets, its gonna be soon be erradicated. Besides, Simcity doesnt need such low pings either. It runs seemlessly on slower internet connections as well.

I am no fan of EA or simcity, but i bought it just because i enjoy the genre. And for me, its a winner.

However, the only botheration is the 2x2 city size which gets exhausted pretty fast.. but yeah u still can take over a new place adjacent and build a city there..

All the time you say that you are not a fan of EA, but you sound very much like an EA PR guy. I have been polite in this and other threads, but I am fed up of your hostile tone. If you want to know the issues that still affect the game, just read any of the reviews written after Simcity servers were "fixed". And do not forget that many of the features are still disabled, like the maximum game speed and leaderboards (last time I checked).

I don't hate EA. In fact, if you look at some threads/posts about Origin, you will see that I like Origin. I own BF3 Premium, Mass Effect 3 with most DLCs, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate, Dragon Age 2, almost the whole Command and Conquer series and many other EA games. But I will not hesitate to slam a bad decision either. At the same time, I think the list of free game for Simcity pains is a good one. It would have appeased me to some extent if I had bought the time.

EDIT: This might even, horror of horrors, persuade me to buy Simcity, if possible!

Lastly, and most importantly, this is a thread where the OP wanted to know how to buy the game. I was helping him with that, if you go back and read my posts. Our argument would have been better placed in the Simcity thread itself. I also contributed in taking this thread off-topic. Let's stop :)

Last edited:

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
All the time you say that you are not a fan of EA, but you sound very much like an EA PR guy. I have been polite in this and other threads, but I am fed up of your hostile tone. If you want to know the issues that still affect the game, just read any of the reviews written after Simcity servers were "fixed". And do not forget that many of the features are still disabled, like the maximum game speed and leaderboards (last time I checked).

I don't hate EA. In fact, if you look at some threads/posts about Origin, you will see that I like Origin. I own BF3 Premium, Mass Effect 3 with most DLCs, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate, Dragon Age 2, almost the whole Command and Conquer series and many other EA games. But I will not hesitate to slam a bad decision either. At the same time, I think the list of free game for Simcity pains is a good one. It would have appeased me to some extent if I had bought the time.

EDIT: This might even, horror of horrors, persuade me to buy Simcity, if possible!

Lastly, and most importantly, this is a thread where the OP wanted to know how to buy the game. I was helping him with that, if you go back and read my posts. Our argument would have been better placed in the Simcity thread itself. I also contributed in taking this thread off-topic. Let's stop :)

I dint mean to argue on the fact that Simcity failed, which i agree. But I dont agree with the quote that it still continues to be a failure which isnt the case and it shouldnt be a problem for a buyer anymore.

All i said was that..

peace prevail..

Note:: For people planning to buy it, should find it asap and register it by 25th which will give them access to free games offered by EA. Though the game list is not mouth watering, u still can get something that u have missed out before (ex:: MOHW which i have missed out)

Obviously I aint a fan of EA to pick up every crap. Infact i only have BF3 standard pack till date. not spending anything on prem packs for obvious reason that it aint worth the money.

bippukt

In the zone
Note:: For people planning to buy it, should find it asap and register it by 25th which will give them access to free games offered by EA. Though the game list is not mouth watering, u still can get something that u have missed out before (ex:: MOHW which i have missed out)

Obviously I aint a fan of EA to pick up every crap. Infact i only have BF3 standard pack till date. not spending anything on prem packs for obvious reason that it aint worth the money.

I only bought BF3 for my brother, and the Premium Edition because it was on a massive sale. Rs 3200 would have been too much, I agree.

Because of the 25 March deadline, I guess the only prudent way to buy it is to buy a digital copy. My Origin is updating at 15 KB/s for some reason :(

Top Bottom