buying & setting up router..

ashs1

Padawan
buying & setting up router..

Hi guys. :)
Currently, i use the normal wired broadband connection from BSNL. I am planning on using Wifi.
I've decided to ditch the old modem & buy a new wireless modem with router.
Can you guys suggest some good routers ??
pls check the location of the pc/router( in the house ) in the attachment.
sketch.jpg

As of now, From the previous threads, i think this router+modem has received more positive feedbacks.
( TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com )
Is this model good enough ?? can i properly access the wifi from every room without any frequent disconnection ?
Do i need to take some kind of permissions from the bsnl office ( before installing the router ) or fill out some forms ??

I have zero knowledge on how to set up a router( super n00b on this subject ), so if possible please provide any links which provide detailed steps on how to install a modem+router..

Thanks. :)
Ash

between this : *www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2750u-wireless-n-adsl2-4-port-wi-fi-router/p/itmd4ky52tgtbawn?pid=RTRD4KY4UNGYCZFG&ref=38c45e98-cfb0-42cf-a777-357dfc80ce0e

& this : *www.flipkart.com/tp-link-td-w8968-300-mbps-wireless-n-usb-adsl2-modem-router/p/itmdggsyph7ytbfx?pid=RTRDGGQ754BDWH7U&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=8968&ref=cb733797-6c91-4052-8db0-f859f34a7287

which one do you guys recommend ?? :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
D-Link for the sheer number of positive reviews it have got! And TP-Link one for its cool design!

You don't have to take permission from anybody before installing the router.

From your *awesome* design I do think the dual antennae of both the routers are sufficient but it will depend on your area of the house. Since you haven't mentioned that I would like to tell that both the routers are good to cover about 1000 sq feet of area.

As far as setting up a router is concerned they comes with a installation and setup wizard that will guide you to setting it up. You just need to follow the same. Shouldn't be difficult.

OP
ashs1

ashs1

Padawan
From your *awesome* design I do think the dual antennae of both the routers are sufficient but it will depend on your area of the house. Since you haven't mentioned that I would like to tell that both the routers are good to cover about 1000 sq feet of area.

thanks..spent a lot of time drawing it.. :p :D..j/k.. My house is about 900 sq.of area.
I think i'll be going with the Dlink router just because of the huge no. of postive reviews, like u said.

Thanks.

Top Bottom