Buying Samsung i550w ::: Ur reviews ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
I am buying a Samsung i550w(the one with Wifi) for a friend ..... Has anyone used that phone personally .... and what is the price of that phone ...... i found a shopkeeper selling it for 11.5 k .....

Will it be cheaper if i buy this phone from Karnataka (Bangalore) rather than Pune(Maharashtra) because of the taxes ??????

Any problems with this device that i should know of ???? Its a Symbian OS 9.2 S60 phone with only 330 Mhz procy .... Wont it stutter ??

Thanks ..

Tamoghno

Padawan
I never used that phone but from what i've seen so far samsung+symbian always manages to screw up somehow.also their firmware support is not good and i doubt if it'll ever get update . I550 have good looks though.

Btw , any particular reason to choose this phone ?

OP
M

mehra.rakesh

Journeyman
^^ my friend asked for such a phone within 10000 bucks ..... initially i LOLed but gsmarena listed this as the only phone with GPS & Wifi within 200 $ ........looking at the features it was Big bang for its price tag .......

alsol it kind of grew on me ..... No other reason .......

clmlbx

Technomancer
E51 is near to his budget it is near 11k and no gps

but for samsung if you looking symbian os then pls be carefull many appz will not run on it even it is symbian as it is from samsung ..don't know why just heard from a friend.

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ true , most nokia betalabs apps wont run . Moreover , the os is pretty old version (9.2) so it'll probably be very slow (n73 uses same version). i also heard samsungs gps navigation software is not good.

May be your friend should consider removing gps from wishlist , then he will have some good choice .

Btw , last i heard 6220c was 11k odd at indiaplaza.in , you might consider it if you need gps. Built quality isn't good but feature is solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom