Buying New PC next week **Advice needed Urgently**

maverik99

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primaraly Playing games(BF4, Starcraft II, COD etc), Watching HD movies, We browsing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: about 50 K Except Graphics Card, 18 K For Graphics card

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:WIN 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB with 120 GB SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: YES, 22 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next Week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler(Well is sort of know him so both of us will build)

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:pune, Yes, Open to Online options whatever is cheaper really

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Have Following in Mind, Checked on prices too please suggest better alternatives

Processor i5 4570 12900
MOBO Gigabyte B85-D3H 6200
RAM Kingston HyperX Blue 4GB 2750
PSU Antec VP550 3771
HDD WD Cavier Blue 1TB 4155
SSD Samsun 840 Evo 120 GB 6270
Cabinet Bitfenix Merc Alpha 3600
Monitor Dell 2240L IPS 9000
DVD RW ASUS 1000
Graphics Card MSI 760 Twin Frozer II 18396
Keyboard & MouseLogitech 850
Total 68,892.00

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
1)DO NOT buy Msi products they have closed their operations in india,so rma would be a problem.

2)Skip the ssd as it has no impact on gaming whatsoever and aim for a better gpu, r9 280x atleast,if you want to play bf4 on 1080p at ultra settings.

3)Use the money saved to buy 1 tb wd black,there is no such thing as 1tb wd blue.

4)Skip the ssd and aim for h87 mobo and a better psu like seasonic 520 or corsair gs600.

5)You can get the merc alpha almost .5k cheaper.
You can also go for this Silverstone SST-PS03B-W Mid Tower Cabinet @ 2600 *www.primeabgb.com/silverstone-sst-ps03b-w-mid-tower-cabinet.html.

Most Important: skip ssd and dont go for msi.

You can always add a ssd later,dont compromise on core components for it.

OP
M

maverik99

Broken In
Hi NiGHtfurY,

Thanks for the advices. On a very tight budget with this build, Gaming isn't the sole purpose i don't intend to crank up settings or anything playable frame rates with medium settings works for me.

just few quick questions,

1) I don't see any official announcement about MSI being closed, wide variety of their products are still being marketed and sold, RMA is happening through their distributors. Can you please provide more info or legit source about MSI.
2) I really want an SSD and a faster system, so would go with it right now. I would love to go for 280X but its ridiculously costly at my place the lowest being quoted is 24,500. 760 fits in my budget and suits PSU as well, if i buy 280X i'll also have to buy Nice PSU hence added cost
3) Seasonic yes proffered but costly again so VP550 i think its gonna be sufficient cause i don't intend to overclock
4) Prices: The prices being quoted here in the forum are nowhere to be seen outside i have gone to multiple local shops and almost everything is costlier by 500-1000 bucks.

Thanks again

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
3)Use the money saved to buy 1 tb wd black,there is no such thing as 1tb wd blue.

they are readily available .

- - - Updated - - -

Hi NiGHtfurY,

Thanks for the advices. On a very tight budget with this build, Gaming isn't the sole purpose i don't intend to crank up settings or anything playable frame rates with medium settings works for me.

just few quick questions,

1) I don't see any official announcement about MSI being closed, wide variety of their products are still being marketed and sold, RMA is happening through their distributors. Can you please provide more info or legit source about MSI.
2) I really want an SSD and a faster system, so would go with it right now. I would love to go for 280X but its ridiculously costly at my place the lowest being quoted is 24,500. 760 fits in my budget and suits PSU as well, if i buy 280X i'll also have to buy Nice PSU hence added cost
3) Seasonic yes proffered but costly again so VP550 i think its gonna be sufficient cause i don't intend to overclock
4) Prices: The prices being quoted here in the forum are nowhere to be seen outside i have gone to multiple local shops and almost everything is costlier by 500-1000 bucks.

Thanks again

then mention the "other" things that you may do on your pc. today's medium settings will be tomorrow's low.

1)MSI have shifted their head-quarters from india to taiwan. rma is still handled by the distributors. the problem is that you may experience delay in solving problems.

2)24.5k for 280x is really nice indeed. get it at any cost. you dont need to change the psu for that.add ssd later if you really want to.

for the monitor , i would suggest to look at AOC i2369 vm.

Top Bottom