Buying new headphones [5k budget]

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
hey, I Need Budget headphones mainly aimed at gaming, would be best if I can get additional 5.1 channel or 7.1 channel support..... I play games like metal gear solid , dota 2, Cs Go etc also occasionally listening to music and watching Bluray FHD 5.1 surround sound movies....

rakeshhkuma90

Journeyman
Steelseries Siberia Raw Prism Wired Gaming Headset

- These are extremely comfortable on the head, remain so even after multiple hour gaming sessions, and don't get too hot
- Sound is crisp and clear in game with nice full sound in multiple gaming environments
- Sound is acceptable when listening to music
.. There are nice highs but they could be a bit more clear
.. The lows are there but not as full as some other (although more expensive) headphones
- The microphone works well
.. Voice is clear when using the mic
.. There is a bit of a "big room" sound when using the mic but no background noise
- Colour feature is easy to use and adjust when the software is installed.
- Mute button works with no issues

Overall I would say these headphones are great for the price point. I have tried others in this price range that were not nearly as good. I would recommend these to someone looking for a good comfortable pair of gaming headphones. If you are intending to use them mostly for listening to music there are better options out there, but you can expect to pay more.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Any good aimed esp for watching 5.1 DTS audio MOVIES as well sound good on 5.1 aac and ac3 should be true 5.1 not surround effect

OP
gagan_kumar

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Steelseries Siberia Raw Prism Wired Gaming Headset

- These are extremely comfortable on the head, remain so even after multiple hour gaming sessions, and don't get too hot
- Sound is crisp and clear in game with nice full sound in multiple gaming environments
- Sound is acceptable when listening to music
.. There are nice highs but they could be a bit more clear
.. The lows are there but not as full as some other (although more expensive) headphones
- The microphone works well
.. Voice is clear when using the mic
.. There is a bit of a "big room" sound when using the mic but no background noise
- Colour feature is easy to use and adjust when the software is installed.
- Mute button works with no issues

Overall I would say these headphones are great for the price point. I have tried others in this price range that were not nearly as good. I would recommend these to someone looking for a good comfortable pair of gaming headphones. If you are intending to use them mostly for listening to music there are better options out there, but you can expect to pay more.

how are these compared to our old steelseries Siberia v2?

- - - Updated - - -

Also Should I wait for ath m50x price to come down as it was once 5k...................

$hadow

Geek in making
I have heard that the m40x have smaller sized drivers and lesser bass than 50x.

M40x is more of a natural headphone. I like it coz there is no over doing of anything just the best sound available and I some what prefer it over m50x

Top Bottom