Buying laptop from ibhejo.com

deadzone

Journeyman
Choose express....
Weight would be 6Kg approx
Shipping box dimesions - laptop size is 387 x 259 x 36 mm so i guess in cm L-45 , B-30 , H-41 (should be not more than this)
I guess newegg.com would be better option.Its known site.

Oh wait....i forgot one thing the shipping cost is based on volumetric weight.....that means it would be basxed on dimensions of box of lenovo y510p...This things can be tricky.

But the total cost should not cross 66k......

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Choose express....
Weight would be 6Kg approx
Shipping box dimesions - laptop size is 387 x 259 x 36 mm so i guess in cm L-45 , B-30 , H-41 (should be not more than this)
I guess newegg.com would be better option.Its known site.

Oh wait....i forgot one thing the shipping cost is based on volumetric weight.....that means it would be basxed on dimensions of box of lenovo y510p...This things can be tricky.

But the total cost should not cross 66k......
Okay... Thanks a lot... :)
And, how do I pay??? Did you use the concierge service??? :-?

deadzone

Journeyman
Newegg.com - Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p (59362706) Notebook Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz) 15.6" 12GB Memory 8GB SSD 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M SLI
IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

Currently Sold out,but may be available at other places

Lenovo SLI = $1149 = 65K , Import cost - Total ~ 10K == total (75k), may be 2k more or less.

There is a lot of calculations.....

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Newegg.com - Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p (59362706) Notebook Intel Core i7 4700MQ(2.40GHz) 15.6" 12GB Memory 8GB SSD 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M SLI
IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

Currently Sold out,but may be available at other places

Lenovo SLI = $1149 = 65K , Import cost - Total ~ 10K == total (75k), may be 2k more or less.

There is a lot of calculations.....
Btw, how do I enter the phone number borderlinx provided in this page???
*shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/checkout.workflow:UpdateCheckout?u=69&t=1370866907966&c=42ED7A0E7F6A4629A38534DCEEF53F98

deadzone

Journeyman
Cant see here the page you provided
Something like 1-855-253-6686

Are you buying now.....?newegg.com sells for a very low price 12gb ram with sli ....for low 1149 dollars.

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Cant see here the page you provided
Something like 1-855-253-6686

Are you buying now.....?newegg.com sells for a very low price 12gb ram with sli ....for low 1149 dollars.
Its like this:
*i.imgur.com/PSbOjmo.png
I entered that but it's not accepting...
Also, the zipcode has just five slots while the one that borderlinx provided is longer (9 digits)
And, what should the billing address be??? US address or Indian address??? :)

deadzone

Journeyman
You need to enter only 5 for zip code.The 9 digits was used in the past but now 5 is used in US..

For phone number ...it should accept.for extension enter "1"
The address should be Indian address for billing....these guys may call the bank and confirm.
I don't know whether lenovo.com would accept Indian billing address.But other sites like newegg or sites which do international shipping would accept Indian billing address.

Even if you pay and lenovo doesn't accept the Indian billing address,they will refund you..why not just ask lenovo support or chat with them before ordering ?

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
You need to enter only 5 for zip code.The 9 digits was used in the past but now 5 is used in US..

For phone number ...it should accept.for extension enter "1"
The address should be Indian address for billing....these guys may call the bank and confirm.
I don't know whether lenovo.com would accept Indian billing address.But other sites like newegg or sites which do international shipping would accept Indian billing address.
Okay... not ordering now... Just wanted to see how this thing works... Thanks a lot for your help!!! :) :) :) Seriously, if there was a like or +1 button here, I would have clicked it a thousand times... Maybe I'll wait till the laptop is back in stock with newegg.com!!! :)

deadzone

Journeyman
Okay... not ordering now... Just wanted to see how this thing works... Thanks a lot for your help!!! :) :) :) Seriously, if there was a like or +1 button here, I would have clicked it a thousand times... Maybe I'll wait till the laptop is back in stock with newegg.com!!! :)

OK....
Ask if you have any problems....
Seriously if you don't care about warranty then you should import.Even if you import 650m , you will get for 10k less and it would also have international warranty. :)

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
OK....
Ask if you have any problems....
Seriously if you don't care about warranty then you should import.Even if you import 650m , you will get for 10k less and it would also have international warranty. :)

Actually I care about warranty, but it is pretty much non-existent in my state!!! :evil: Pathetic condition here...

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Will do... Thanks a ton!!! :-D:-D:-D

I tried borderlinx but the total shipping cost for the y500 was coming to around 17k and plus I choose the 800 dollar model
so total price was coming approx 63 k....tats not much of a saving over the price out here....
am I doing anything wrong?

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I tried borderlinx but the total shipping cost for the y500 was coming to around 17k and plus I choose the 800 dollar model
so total price was coming approx 63 k....tats not much of a saving over the price out here....
am I doing anything wrong?

How did you get the shipping costs to be 17k???
If in the international shipping calculator, I enter the following:
1. TYPE OF DELIVERY: Express
2. WEIGHT: 10 kg (Actually it's gonna be a lot lighter, I think)
3. SHIPPING BOX DIMENSIONS: 6"X24"X18" (Gonna be smaller than that, I think)
I get the estimate as around 8.5k... :)
Plus, if you get the 989$ SLI model, the total cost will be around 65k +/- 2k...
Killer price for a killer rig, I think!!! :)
.................................................................................................................................................
Btw,
@deadzone
How did you pay borderlinx the shipping charges??? By your credit/debit card??? And, did they accept in USD or INR??? :)

Last edited:

evil_maverick

Journeyman
Plus, if you get the 989$ SLI model, the total cost will be around 65k +/- 2k...
.................................................................................................................................................
Btw,
@deadzone
How did you pay borderlinx the shipping charges??? By your credit/debit card??? And, did they accept in USD or INR??? :)
Hey ...I did mess up the dimensions of the box but now the shipping is coming to around 7k..what about customs duties?
I think its going to be around 17% extra!!

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey ...I did mess up the dimensions of the box but now the shipping is coming to around 7k..what about customs duties?
I think its going to be around 17% extra!!
The total cost is inclusive of customs, taxes and handling and shipping charges!!! :)

"No more unpleasant surprises with shipping fees or customs duties either, because with our Total Cost Calculator tool, you will get a good estimate of how much your purchase will cost in your own currency- shipping rates, customs duties and taxes included!"
-From *www.borderlinx.com/pages/how-it-works

deadzone

Journeyman
Btw,
@deadzone

I forgot but mostly it is INR .......not sure .....it was 8 months back I paid.

The shipping charge is as mentioned by borderlinx.For my nexus 7 there was no duty charged even though there is some 5% duty for tablets.I guess borderlinx figures the way out.

Also they use DHL shipping,the best in shipping....can't get better.

OP
powerhoney

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I forgot but mostly it is INR .......not sure .....it was 8 months back I paid.

The shipping charge is as mentioned by borderlinx.For my nexus 7 there was no duty charged even though there is some 5% duty for tablets.I guess borderlinx figures the way out.

Also they use DHL shipping,the best in shipping....can't get better.

Yeah... Btw, that model is still out of stock in newegg.com... Damn!!! :evil: Can't wait... :cry:
Btw, when delivering the tablet to you, did they ask any road tax or octroi???:-?

Top Bottom