Buying iPhone 4 from Singapore

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Someone I know is going to Singapore in a few days and the first thought that struck me was getting a factory unlocked iPhone 4 from there.
The Singapore Apple Store lists a price of around S$ 888.00 but I read somewhere that it was without taxes. And it is "currently unavailable" on the website.

So, can anyone walk in the Store and buy one? Or do you have to order it online and give a local address?
Also, any idea about what the actual cost would be?
Is it a good idea buying it from there? And what about the warranty support here?

Gracias, amigos.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Yes, you can buy from apple store and take a reservation first to book your iphone4.Sorry no warranty in India until iphone4 will be launch.
Bienvenido

Last edited:

stallion

Right off the assembly line
One of my relative is going to Singapore, is there any big difference between SIngapore & Indian price of iPhone 4????
is registration mandatory before buying iphone 4??? if yes, then where to register?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Amazon online store-

iPhone 4g 16GB Quadband World GSM FACTORY UNLOCKED
$849
Link-

Amazon.com: Apple iPhone 4G 16GB Quadband World GSM Phone (Manufacturer Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Can't find any other phone that is lower than this price. Have found a few $999 phones but OP has found cheaper phones so it's probably worth buying in Singapore.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
S $888 :shock: Its also a lot .. considering .. 1S$ is 35 something. It might be available at less price than Apple Store Outlet Rate.

In Bangkok, .. I heard a guy bought Mac Book Pro 17" (costing around lakh bcoz he needed it for a specific course in college) and got iPhone by paying extra 10k Rs. only, that would be 3GS definitely not 4th Generation. But I know that iPhone 4 (locked) in Bangkok Grey Market is around 25-27k. which can be unlocked in India easily. It might available a bit cheaper if you can find the right guy, to show you market.

aroraanant

Explorer
Iphone 4 is available here in India under 35K easily.yesterday only I visited one dealer in Jalandhar,he told me that he sell factory unlocked iphones and 16GB iphone 4 was available for 34.5K(and if one will buy,I m sure he will give some more discount).And there is no use of buying a locked iphone as one faces a lot of problem in updating the OS

pauldmps

Banned
Unlock is currently not available for iPhone 4. So unless it comes out, you'll be using your iPhone 4 as iPod Touch.

Top Bottom