Buying Apple products in Dubai

Status
Not open for further replies.

suyambuvel

Broken In
Hi,

I am planning on getting IPhone and MacBook Pro on Dubai Shopping Festival. The prices are already pretty low here - I can get MAcbook pro MD103 at 90k vs 1.2 Lakhs in India and Iphone 5 @ 39k. In another week on DSF guess there could be even better offers.

But I am little worried if these carries warranty once I am back to Chennai. The store keepers says all the apple products carries international warranty - but I dont trust their words completly.

Anyone has any experience on this?

Pls. Advice.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes.. all Apple Products carry international warranty.. its one brand which you can buy eyes closed anywhere in the world and still get warranty in your home land :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
err iPhones are the only products that dont specifically carry international warranty *discussions.apple.com/thread/4350344?start=0&tstart=0

Sarath

iDota
I am visiting Dubai in Jan. Where do these offers crop up? I can never seem to find them

@suyambuvel

OP
S

suyambuvel

Broken In
@ Sarath

Price of Iphone (official website - online purchase) - iPhone - Buy iPhone 5 with Free Shipping - Apple Store (United Arab Emirates)

Macbook Pro MD 103 - Apple MacBook Pro MD103 | Buy Apple MacBook Pro MD103 in Dubai UAE.

I stay in Al Fahidi. There is a mall in the name of Computer Plaza, just opposite to Jumbo Electronics, he offered me the mac at a even cheaper price. My friends says he sells genuine and is one of the main supplier to all places in dubai.

Since you are travelling at the time of DSF you robably may find a better deal as well.

aroraanant

Explorer
Iphones don't carry international warranty, apart from that you will get international warranty on all other products of apple.
And even if you buy Samsung LED TVs from Dubai then also you will get International warranty that is valid in India.

Sarath

iDota
BTW all apple products bought in AE have Facetime blocked

@ Sarath
Thanks for the info. Since you stay in Dubai can you suggest a few more shops (the usual small shops) where you can buy electronics for cheap.

Since I stay in Abu Dhabi I have little knowledge of such stores.

TRex

New to this forum
I plan to travel to Dubai from India in early December, and am thinking of buying a Macbook Pro over there. Can someone advise me whether the prices are likely to be appreciably lower than in India and whether it would be possible to get the non-Retina display model, since this one also has an optical drive?

Thanks.

aroraanant

Explorer
That model is already selling at a very cheap price on ebay and amazon.
Even I have bought my macbook pro from ebay but now I m planing to sell it and buy Air.

Vensanga

Journeyman
Thanks, a friend of mine told me the price of Iphone 5S in US is $400, that means around Rs24000, was hoping to get a better deal in Dubai.

ash2604

New to this forum
I want to buy an ipad air 64 gb from dubai.from where shud i buy it.i got the best price ie 1515 aed from ekart.ae . but m confused if its genuine. Plz suggest me from whr i can get best pice and genuine product.as one of my relative stayin in dubai wil b travelling to our place in india

$hadow

Geek in making
If I remember correctly. Apple product brought from Dubai will not be having facetime since it is disabled by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom