Buying advice: Non-gaming laptop under 50k

angie

At last the devil is here
Hi all,
My old Dell Studio 15 just died after 5 years. Initial assessment doesn't look good.

Can you suggest me a good laptop for these requirements (I spent some time on google but was unable to find any good, will update here if I find any which meets these criteria)
Screen size : 15.6 inch
Resolution: Better than 1366x768 (this is the No.1 priority)
Weight: Not important
Battery: 6 cell preferably
Brand: Dell, HP, Lenevo, Toshiba, Asus, Acer, Sony
Graphics Card: Sufficient to play 1080p videos smoothly
Processor: fast enough for multi-tasking, Photoshop etc (core i5 ideal)
Ram: 6 GB ideal (can do with 4GB)

Extended Warranty: Would like a brand which can extend warranty to 3 years under 3k

I don't play much games these days, but if the laptop can play latest fifa at medium settings that would be a plus.

Thanks.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
thanks for that model no.
Z50 FHD from flipkart @40k

If your old laptop can somehow be resurrected, you can get a 5k discount in exchange from flipkart :wink:
Add another 4 gb RAM module for 2500. :doublethumb:

OP
angie

angie

thanks for that model no.
Z50 FHD from flipkart @40k

If your old laptop can somehow be resurrected, you can get a 5k discount in exchange from flipkart :wink:
Add another 4 gb RAM module for 2500. :doublethumb:

Its selling for 38k @amazon Seems like a good deal.
BUT the lenevo India store is offering 2 year extended warranty. Can't see any such offer on amazon or flipkart.

Regarding RAM, I will have to do that myself right, I mean from a computer shop (since it has 1 unused slot)?

I need to go to a repair shop and assess the damage. Its screen went haywire at first then i rebooted. After the reboot, the screen went black after 1 minute. Now even BIOS screen won't load.

Edit: Oh wait, the warranty is there on flipkart.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Its selling for 38k @amazon Seems like a good deal.
BUT the lenevo India store is offering 2 year extended warranty. Can't see any such offer on amazon or flipkart.

Regarding RAM, I will have to do that myself right, I mean from a computer shop (since it has 1 unused slot)?

I need to go to a repair shop and assess the damage. Its screen went haywire at first then i rebooted. After the reboot, the screen went black after 1 minute. Now even BIOS screen won't load.

Edit: Oh wait, the warranty is there on flipkart.

RAM slots are easiest to access, you can upgrade it yourself without even going to a shop using a screwdriver. Just be sure its compatible.

OP
angie

angie

RAM slots are easiest to access, you can upgrade it yourself without even going to a shop using a screwdriver. Just be sure its compatible.
Thanks.

I am trying to check with amazon sellers if extended warranty will be applicable.
One of my friend is unsure about 1080p on 15.6 inch screen. I was checking for good laptops at 40k (1366x768), can't find any. Checked some videos on youtube of 1080p at 15.6 inches, seems good to me.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks.

I am trying to check with amazon sellers if extended warranty will be applicable.
One of my friend is unsure about 1080p on 15.6 inch screen. I was checking for good laptops at 40k (1366x768), can't find any. Checked some videos on youtube of 1080p at 15.6 inches, seems good to me.
why search for a laptop with 768p screen when a good laptop with 1080p is available in the same budget.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think Op is confused of FHD on 15.6 inch screen

People are comfortable with FHD 5.0" screens on phones, why wouldn't they be comfortable with FHD on 15.6" ?
I've been using a laptop with 720p screen (Lenovo R61) for 6-7 years. doesn't makes any sense to stick with that low resolution now.
@OP, FHD laptops are rare in that budget as most people end up buying dell/hp laptops with 768p screen. It's a welcoming move from lenovo to give FHD screen in low budget.

OP
angie

angie

Not confused. I was just worried that the text might be too small at 1080p on 15.6 inch screen. On one forum one person was complaining about this and said zooming(on windows level) was creating problem with internet browsers.

I was just checking for other options at 768p. There aren't any. I will go with 1080p which is my preference in the first place.

OP
angie

angie

No need to zoom,
you could just increase the dpi in windows settings

and you'll be fine
I meant dpi settings only. One person on a forum was complaining about the text being garbled in the browsers after increasing the dpi settings.

$hadow

Geek in making
man I am using Fhd monitor for about 3 years and a fhd laptop for the past 1 year+ and no problem as of now and zooming always work fine.

OP
angie

angie

man I am using Fhd monitor for about 3 years and a fhd laptop for the past 1 year+ and no problem as of now and zooming always work fine.

what size is the monitor and laptop?

Going by your sig its 15.6 inch laptop. Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom