[Buying Advice] Need Hard Drive for my Laptop

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
My requirement is simple.

I need to buy a hard drive that will replace my internal primary laptop hdd. This is the first time I'd buy a primary drive before cloning my previous drive onto it which would finally sit inside the laptop.

Although initially I wasn't planning to replace my primary hdd but I guess its about time that I do that in case the current one fails. Of late I've noticed some frequent hang ups and freezes occurring randomly. Signs that are obviously not good.

Can I swap an external hdd with my current primary internal hdd ?
External HDD = Internal HDD + HDD enclosure, right ?
Then, which are the best enclosures ?

I'd probably get this
WD My Passport 1 TB External Hard Disk

Budget not more than 5k but any SSD recommendation is welcome

gameranand

Living to Play
My requirement is simple.

I need to buy a hard drive that will replace my internal primary laptop hdd. This is the first time I'd buy a primary drive before cloning my previous drive onto it which would finally sit inside the laptop.

Although initially I wasn't planning to replace my primary hdd but I guess its about time that I do that in case the current one fails. Of late I've noticed some frequent hang ups and freezes occurring randomly. Signs that are obviously not good.

Can I swap an external hdd with my current primary internal hdd ?
External HDD = Internal HDD + HDD enclosure, right ?
Then, which are the best enclosures ?

I'd probably get this
WD My Passport 1 TB External Hard Disk

Budget not more than 5k but any SSD recommendation is welcome

1. Yes you can.
2. Thats right, but if you open the external drives enclosures then warranty gets void.
3. Will have a search a bit, never really bought a enclosure before.

If you are buying an internal HDD for Laptop then why not THIS

OP
Mr.Kickass

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
What else ? Now I know what to look for. I never bought an internal drive before as there never was a need for it. I don't know why I couldn't find an internal drive on FK until you showed me one. I'd probably get it from a retail store or an authorized distributor and then I hope everything gets back to normal. That was great help

Getting RAM would be next on my list

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Sure No problem. Also see other sites as they also have internal drives for laptops and might be cheaper than FK and shops. :)

Top Bottom