Buying advice for Good internal HDD

NiluGeek

Broken In
Hello friends,

kindly suggest a good hard drive, which is reliable as well as stable, at the same time not expensive. some time back seagate was having issues with rekliability, now haw is seagate is faring? should go for seagate or western digital green how abt iomega where will i get iomega internal hard drive in mumbai can any one give me retailer's no in mumbai .

Thanks.....

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Well,Seagate has a good reputation,at least in my place.
And unless u put in some budget,its a bit hard to recommend an hdd.

Considering that ur mobo is sata compliant,u cant go wrong with a Seagate 500GB @1.8k or a 1TB @2.7k.

Regarding WD,the Black series offers slightly better performance than Green.

OP
N

NiluGeek

Broken In
I would keep computer running for longer hours as i m into downloading heavy stuff. So kindly suggest good stable internal hard drive which can run for longer hours without failing. And also suggest a good external hard rive casing which can hold the 3.5 inch hard rive and does have a heat dissapiation structure.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I would keep computer running for longer hours as i m into downloading heavy stuff. So kindly suggest good stable internal hard drive which can run for longer hours without failing. And also suggest a good external hard rive casing which can hold the 3.5 inch hard rive and does have a heat dissapiation structure.

In your case WD Green would be a good option as you wanna keep your PC under heavy use with stability. If performance is the priority WD Black should be considered.

abirthedevil

In the zone
well if u plan on using the new HDD for keeping data, wd green should be fine, if u intend to run the os and programs off it you are better off looking at seagate 7200 rpm drives and wd black, btw i have 1 wd green and 2 seagate 7200 drives in use for 3 yrs now with comp on for 3-4 days constant at times but havent had issues with any of the 3 drives so far

mrcool63

Journeyman
STAY AWAY FROM WD GREEN... sincere advice. its failure rate is through the roof..

for a budget hdd buy seagate barracuda 7200.12 500gb-1.8k
seagate 1tb-2.8k
or
WD Caviar black 500gb- rs3000
WD Caviar black 1tb-rs4800

logicsync

Right off the assembly line
For the love of god(and I an atheist :) ) please do not buy a "Green" drive. They are just fashion tags and are bad performers. They don't save any substantial Power either. You can easily get 1TB Seagate or WD for about Rs 2500.

Top Bottom