Buying advice for a PMP (3.5k) and IEMs (1k).

little

Journeyman
Hi guys.

I'm looking for an audio player (MP3 player) in a budget of 3.5k to 4k along with a pair of IEMs for 1k.

My requirements are as follows.
  • Audio output quality of the PMP should be good and it should have a microphone and a screen.
  • For the IEMs, they should have good bass and clarity.
Kindly give me some suggestions. I am open to online and local shopping.
Any comments will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Edit : did some searching and found Sansa Clip+ and Creative Zen M300. For the iem's, found Sony 100lp and 220lp. Im more inclined towards 220 because of better bass.
Guys, please reply. It's kinda urgent.

Last edited:
OP
L

little

Journeyman
Hi Hakimtai, what's up bro..Thanks for replying.
Here's a good news. My uncle gifted me a Sony E474 (8GB) palyer. I'm yet to receive it. How is it guys?? Is its audio quality better than Sansa Clip+ ??
By now I've found a drawback in the Sony PMP. It can't play FLACs but that isnt a problem for me as I have very few songs in FLAC. Guys, what are your thoughts about this product? ?
Q
Now coming to the IEMs.
The Sony E474 comes bundled with Sony MDR EX083. I have heard some good reviews about it but as I had already been spoilt by the EM1, I think I will require a better pair of IEMs.

Last edited:
OP
L

little

Journeyman
The SHE 9850 is out of my budget which is slightly increased now (1.5k). I'm looking at Sony MDR XB30EX. I'm quite a bass head. Will it be a good investment for me??

Knight2A4

In the zone
most of the low end mp3 players have the same chip so if they did the assembly right then all of then without any eq with nutral iem will sound the same.... With what you said the player & earphone of your choosing seems to be a good choice .....

OP
L

little

Journeyman
Just recieved the Earphones. They sound awesome and they'll improve over time. I'm pretty impressed by their build quality. Seems that it'll be my primary pair of Earphones for the next few months or even a year.

ghemanth90

Broken In
The SHE 9850 is out of my budget which is slightly increased now (1.5k). I'm looking at Sony MDR XB30EX. I'm quite a bass head. Will it be a good investment for me??

I have been using XB30EX for past 1 month.. Earphone looks awkward and may result in some irritation or pain on prolonged use..
Sound quality is really good and it has ample bass as its branding suggests.. It feels sturdy, so there is no need to bother about the handling...

Top Bottom