buying advice: budget 35k-37k : time 1-2 months

paul.rohit

Broken In
im going to buy a phone in the next 1-2 months..and my budget is 35k to 37k......ive narrowed it down to the galaxy s2, iphone 4S and the nexus prime...i know that the nexus prime hasnt released yet but im still considering it.these are my preferences :-

things i care abt:
1) slick interface( if im buying a phone for more than 30k, it better not stutter or lag)

2) great apps

3) battery life

things i dont care abt:

1) the camera quality
2) processing power( if the phone runs smoothly i dont care if its 1.5 ghz or 200 mhz)

so please suggest phones the u think fit the bill...i would also appreciate info on upcoming releases which i could buy in the next 2 months..thnks

As per the requirement, go for iPhone 4S.

1. Matches with your need.

2. App store has great quality games and apps more than 5lac with game center support.

3. Android somewhat lags behind in this department too.

Camera and processor power is great in iPhone4S.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well since you want the absolute best user experience I suggest iPhone 4s. Just not sure if it will come to India so fast.
Otherwise would have recommended you to wait for Samsung Galaxy S3. Its specs were leaked very recently.

App wise I personally feel Apple edges out Android. The Apple devices are too stable and have the best UI.

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
yea i felt that apple suits me best..but with all the complications with the locked and unlocked devices..and importing and the waiting period for it to come to india..its all very discouraging...also, i heard recently that verizon is gonna sell its iphones unlocked..idk what to do

Soumik

Padawan
iPhone 4S unlocked ships from November. You can preorder now if you're interested. Personally, i would say wait for Nexus Prime. I am not sure if Optimus LTE and Droid Razr are going to be released in India any time soon. So, our best bet to get hold of an HD display phone would be Nexus Prime, when it releases on the international market.. :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@rohit

The 4S should come to India by new year(I think)
Wait till then as 2 more heavy weight phones will be out soon :wink:

OP
P

paul.rohit

Broken In
@thetechfreak--- yea im looking forward to what samsung comes up with next :)

@soumik-- the thing with apple is that the app store is in dollars and many good apps which cost a dollar or 2 in the app store are free in the android marketplace( ex. whatsapp, angry birds)...also the android market place for india is in rupees....apps make a smartphone..so this is another thing im worrying about..what do u think guys??

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I suggest you get the new galaxy nexus.
The software has been specifically designed for the TI chipset present in phone.. that would mean the same harmony between hardware and software as in iphone.
about apps:: I have both galaxy S and an iphone 4 and I personally think that apps are over rated.. there are more than enough quality apps in android market and there are apps that do so much more on an android phone than in iphone.. about battery life you have to wait for the full review.. since you have 1-2 months to chose go through all the reviews... but I think android is the future..

Soumik

Padawan
Has any one checked the benchmarks of Nexus Prime? I think GS2 is still king of the hill in terms of performance. If we get ICS update on GS2, it will be a better phone than Galaxy Nexus.
Personally, i would have selected Droid RAZR. Though the performance wouldnt be up to the mark, its design and construction is just too cool.
If you can wait, wait till GS3 is announced, or some device with nVidia Tegra 3 comes to the market. NvT3 devices should be available by end of November, which will come to India by Christmas time.. hopefully. Performance wise, NvT3 should be the best with its 4 cores. Power management needs to be seen with reviews of real life devices.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I think being a dual core phone benchmark should not make a huge difference.. What is more important is that galaXy nexus is a google phone

Top Bottom