Buying Advice : 18K Budget

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey People,

I am looking for a phone for my brother, max budget is 18K.

Priorities are Expandable memody,good screen,good camera,good battery backup.

Being a mobile affocionado myself, I have shortlisted a few models .Need a second opinion on the following models.

1. Lg L 90
2. Sony Xperia C
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
4. LG G Pro Lite
5. Lenovo P780
6. Samsung galaxy grand neo

Not including Moto G because it does not have expandable memory and has a poor camera

From the above list which phone would be the best choice ?

One more thing, PLEASE DONT RECOMMEND S4 MINI ON BASIS OF AMOLED DISPLAY, IPS LCD IS EVERY BIT AS GOOD(AND HIGH END ARE EVEN BETTER LIKE IN LG G2).

Thanks!
Abhijit

satinder

DELHIITE
My Vote is for Xperia C
If You want Dual Sim.
Otherwise You can try Xperia SP in Single Sim.
As Xperia SP is more in internal memory & other few better features.
Try prices in open market offline.

If You want to know more, ask here in detail via these questions:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/buying-advice/134349-questionnaire-mobile-phone-purchase-queries.html

LG L90

Sony xperia c and lenovo p780 and LG G pro lite(how you consider dual core) are mediatek and hence no updates

Grand neo is a disaster and uses broadcomm chipset
Left option is s4 mini and l90 of which l90 is the best option and offers a lot of features

LG L90 or S4 Mini or Xperia SP........

S4 Mini has great battery life........ SP too has good enough battery life
L90 hasn't proved itself yet

OP
A

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
LG L90 or S4 Mini or Xperia SP........

S4 Mini has great battery life........ SP too has good enough battery life
L90 hasn't proved itself yet

I dont think s4 mini has a great battery life.

According to gsmarena it has a rating of 54 hrs,same as moto g

S4 mini : amoled qhd display,dual core proccy, 1900 mah

Moto g : ips lcd hd display , quad core proccy, 2070 mah

It is a known fact that amoled consumes less power than ips lcd and a dual core less power than a quad core, also moto g has more pixels to push due to the hd resolution

Taking all this into account, s4 mini should have a much better battery life than moto g.

I dont think s4 mini has a great battery life.

According to gsmarena it has a rating of 54 hrs,same as moto g

S4 mini : amoled qhd display,dual core proccy, 1900 mah

Moto g : ips lcd hd display , quad core proccy, 2070 mah

It is a known fact that amoled consumes less power than ips lcd and a dual core less power than a quad core, also moto g has more pixels to push due to the hd resolution

Taking all this into account, s4 mini should have a much better battery life than moto g.

Moto G has great stand by battery life(even my N4 has that), that's why its endurance rating is same as S4 Mini........

But check video playback test, S4 Mini (13h) vs Moto G (6.5h), whereas its approx same for calling & web browsing tests....... So S4 Mini will have better screen on time, which matters more compared to standby battery life.......

One thing which I learned after buying a N4 is that screen on time matters(S2 was better than N4 in that dept) more than standby battery life....

$hadow

Geek in making
Well apparently it is seen many times that Samsung optimization of software is good and well efficient I terms of video playback and gaming. So Samsung mobile is generally a good backup provider in the real life scenario.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
When I first read the requirements, I thought, "Oh, it has to be a Nokia" but then came the list (full of Android)

Now I don't have a suggestion to add to the already thought out list but one aspect worth mentioning is that, in this range (18k), one can only expect the following requirements to get fulfilled at the time of writing

Expandable memory,good screen,good camera,good battery backup

LG L90 will be my vote (assuming it performs as mentioned on paper AND costs under 18k)

Update: LG L90 Dual SIM now costs below 18k as on 10[SUP]th[/SUP] of April 2014 | Flipkart

So yes, it does seem like a decent buy

Last edited:
Top Bottom