Buying a new Mobo need suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzz

Broken In
hi guys
im thinking of getting me a new mobo..and a procy a lil later on .
basically its for gaming
due to budget reason i wont be able to buy both proccy and mobo at the same time.

i had the abit ip35-e mobo in mind
and then my bro goes and gets into into his head that we should go for sli mobo seeing as how we can eventually get us another 8800gt for sli .
so another option is the Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI .

i would like your suggestion as to what is a better option in the 2.
or if you could possibly suggest something else in that range ie 6-7k
i basically want to be able to overclock and i would really not want to change the mobo in the near future.

oh come on ppl :-(

Last edited:

acewin

Point Blanc
bro you are talking which are already quiet old.
Abit Products were WOL last time I heard of them.

And you have 2 options as for now. nehalem adding into what you currently have the C2Ds and C2Qs, so you have to decide on that first.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I would say, forget about SLI

Get MSI P45 Neo-F. Age of dual processor graphics card has started. HD3870x2, hd4850x2, hd4870x2, gtx295. all of these are dual processor cards and run at balzing speeds. My suggestion for you is to keep your 8800GT for now, get P45 based board for 5k and when HD4850x2 becomes affordable, get it. It is so fast that it competes with GTX280 in some games. Available for 300$

OP
F

fuzzz

Broken In
umm what exactly do you mean by a p45 based board desi ?
could you please give some suggestions?

i have been out of the computer hardware scene for quite some time.. and i barely know what mobos are good as of now.. which im sure you can see from the 2 i had in mind :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
P45 is the name of the Intel chipset.

If you need CrossfireX based board (dual PCI-Express slots), go for ASUS P5Q Pro for 8.5k approx

Else you can go for MSI P45 Neo-F which is available for 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom