Buying a new laptop 45k Budget

vaibhav_vc

Right off the assembly line
Budget- 45k max

Size- 14" -15.6" only

Processor Required - i5 3rd Gen

Brand preferred: Dell, but open to other brands too

Screen Res.: Doesnt really matter because in this budget i get only 1366x768

Primary Use: Programming, Normal College works, Casual Gaming (Little graphic designing, 3D modelling : all laptops i have shortlisted are sufficient for these 2 tasks)

Personal Shortlist: Dell Inspiron 14R and 15R

14R- More portable and lightweight, slightly better display(111ppi) than 15R
15R- Poor display (100ppi)

Confusion: 14R has got Nvidia GT630m (with optimus tech. ??) DDR3 and 15R has got AMD Radeon 7670m. Both are 1GB cards but i need to know which one is better for gaming at medium settings.
(games like Batman Arkham Asylum, FIFA 11, FIFA 12, GTA IV, NFS THE RUN, Max Payne 3, C.O.D. MW3)

I have also read that Optimus Tech. doesn't run a few games correctly.?

My basic doubt is the graphic performance of the two laptops mentioned above, incase there isnt much of a noticeable difference then i'll go for 14R.

PS : Open to other comparable laptops of other brands.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
performance wise 7670 is around 5-10% better than 630. and both can run all the listed games easily at high settings.

rider

as Kratos
See dude, 111 ppi and 100 ppi is almost same practically.
Mainstream laptop are 15.6" and for gaming it has more surface area of ventilation. I would like to recommend you to get HP Laptop Price India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX (3rd Gen core,Buy HP Laptops Online - Infibeam.com It has switchable graphics like nvidia optimus. After sales and service is brilliant, weigh very much less than dell inspirons, great battery backup. Overall it's the best you can get in your budget.

daksh

Journeyman
See dude, 111 ppi and 100 ppi is almost same practically.
Mainstream laptop are 15.6" and for gaming it has more surface area of ventilation. I would like to recommend you to get HP Laptop Price India, HP Pavilion G6-2016TX (3rd Gen core,Buy HP Laptops Online - Infibeam.com It has switchable graphics like nvidia optimus. After sales and service is brilliant, weigh very much less than dell inspirons, great battery backup. Overall it's the best you can get in your budget.

This.

p!e

Broken In
Budget- 45k max

Size- 14" -15.6" only

Processor Required - i5 3rd Gen

Brand preferred: Dell, but open to other brands too

Do check the Lenovo Z580 15 " notebook. It has similar specs as mentioned above (3rd Gen i5 and Nvidia GT630M) . Should be locally available around 44k . Z580 Build quality is Superb.

OP
V

vaibhav_vc

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.
I myself thought about better ventilation in 15R and also a slightly better graphics card, The Hp laptop you seggested looks good but has Bluetooth 3.0 and only 0.3mp webacam, i know it doesnt matter much but still other have better.

And i think Dell has best audio (Wavesmaxx + Skullcandy speakers) ??

Lenovo also looks good to me but on the website its 49k, can i find for 45k sure??

rider

as Kratos
hp had 0.3Mp camera for video chat, but keep in mind for HD webcam of dell you need to arrange 2 Mbps+ broadband connection and bluetooth 3.0 doesn't have any problem even expensive sony phones are coming with 2.0 till now.
Quality and after sales wise hp laptop is the best, rest is your choice.

p!e

Broken In
Lenovo Z580 (59-333346) Laptop 3rd Gen Core i5/4GB/500 GB/Windows 7 HB: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

On the Flipkart z580 is showing 46k for the white model. The prices seem to have increased of late.
Have a look for both Dell and Lenovo in the showrooms. Also compare the Build quality. The Lenovo also has dolby certified speakers audio quality should be good.

OP
V

vaibhav_vc

i will compare build qualitites and exact prices of these 3 (15R, HP & Lenovo) in the market and take a decision, i could easily extend my budget by 10-12k but i need to buy a 18-20k phone too. (WP8 :D).
Thanks for you help. :)
And if yo u had to buy one out of these 3 which one would you buy (consider price same for all 3) ?

aroraanant

Explorer
Believe me in terms of ASS dell is the best among the three.
And I would have opted for dell Inspiron if I would be you. :)

rider

as Kratos
Believe me in terms of ASS dell is the best among the three.
And I would have opted for dell Inspiron if I would be you. :)

may be you can say in terms of after sales hp and dell are in tie :D
But from my personal experience hp is faster, engineer visits on the same day.

p!e

Broken In
i will compare build qualitites and exact prices of these 3 (15R, HP & Lenovo) in the market and take a decision, i could easily extend my budget by 10-12k but i need to buy a 18-20k phone too. (WP8 :D).
Thanks for you help. :)
And if yo u had to buy one out of these 3 which one would you buy (consider price same for all 3) ?

My preference would be Lenovo << Dell << HP.

HP G6 & Dell Inspiron both are entry level laptops from HP & Dell.

Z580 is a mainstream series from Lenovo. Build quality wise / Cooling wise z580 will have upper hand.

OP
V

vaibhav_vc

I have decided to buy Dell 15R, its slimmer than lenovo and there are already 2 15Rs with my cousins and they have never faced a problem except one of them is saying replace you batter after 1.5-2 years.
Also i stumbled upon this:
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

In the reviews given below people say only a bit heavy and has some heating issues, any comments about this one?

adnan87

Broken In
Have a look at the below option as well..

SVE15116EN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

It has better build quality than 15r but slightly inferior graphics card 7650m..
there is not much diff between 2nd and 3rd gen i5, infact 2nd gen runs much cooler..

p!e

Broken In
The HP G6-2005AX has a good GPU but a weak CPU. If you need budget gaming laptop then it is a good choice.But for CPU intensive tasks Intel core i3 and i5 will have an upper hand .

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Also i stumbled upon this:
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

In the reviews given below people say only a bit heavy and has some heating issues, any comments about this one?

you get what you pay. A8 can't match Core i5. other than that everything is fine for the asking price. it is heavy (more than 2.5Kg for sure) and only left side heats up during heavy gaming. If your budget is 45k, stick to 15R or HP G6 2006TX, 2007TX, 2016TX. Only if you want to save 10-12k, check the 2005AX.

OP
V

vaibhav_vc

Have a look at the below option as well..

SVE15116EN : E Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

It has better build quality than 15r but slightly inferior graphics card 7650m..
there is not much diff between 2nd and 3rd gen i5, infact 2nd gen runs much cooler..

2nd Gen runs cooler? Maybe that specific laptop must be having better ventilation/cooling systems?

you get what you pay. A8 can't match Core i5. other than that everything is fine for the asking price. it is heavy (more than 2.5Kg for sure) and only left side heats up during heavy gaming. If your budget is 45k, stick to 15R or HP G6 2006TX, 2007TX, 2016TX. Only if you want to save 10-12k, check the 2005AX.

Yeajh you're right, they are not for me, and in other thread i read people got Samsung *www.samsung.com/in/consumer/pc-peripherals-printer/notebook/high-performance/NP550P5C-S01IN for 50.5k or 51k, i find this a too tempting deal to miss, i guess i will wait a few days, read more reviews about it and buy this samsung only, i'm not so sure about samsung's quality but its looks good as per people in that lappy's thread. I couldn't find a video review of this laptop, lets hope it comes out soon.

Top Bottom