buying a harddisk !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shidhin4ever

Broken In
i'm planning 2 buy a 250 gb harddisk..
my pc confg is 512 mb ddr2 ram,intel p4 2.8 ghz,geforce 6600..my question is :
is there any relation between these pc configurations and a harddrive.i.e.,can a 250 gb hd be compatible with my pc ??

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
shidhin4ever said:
i'm planning 2 buy a 250 gb harddisk..
my pc confg is 512 mb ddr2 ram,intel p4 2.8 ghz,geforce 6600..my question is :
is there any relation between these pc configurations and a harddrive.i.e.,can a 250 gb hd be compatible with my pc ??

It is depending on ur type of connecting interface present in ur mobo. and as u have mentioned ur config just go for 250 gb hdd.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
My comp guy says buying a HDD with a lot of space like 250, 500 Gigs even from a known brand will raise issues later. He claims that almost all of them develop bad sectors quite quickly. Is this really true??

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
gaurav21r said:
My comp guy says buying a HDD with a lot of space like 250, 500 Gigs even from a known brand will raise issues later. He claims that almost all of them develop bad sectors quite quickly. Is this really true??
Any HD can develop bad sector, even a 40 GB one. This is not a universal truth so U can't be sure.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
no, that is absolutely bakwaas. most of the hdds sold today have a capapcity of more than 160gb. if large hadds got bad sectors sooner, the guys making the hdds would have done something about it.

the 250gb hdd gives u max value for money. go for it

blackpearl

The Devil
gaurav21r said:

Don't believe in any of the stuff your local comp guy says. They are basically crap.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
blackpearl said:
Don't believe in any of the stuff your local comp guy says. They are basically crap.

Basically, the price of computer drop so quickly that in order to get rid of stuff they have, they make false claims :(

OP
S

shidhin4ever

Broken In
thanks for the replies !!!
i would like to know what would be the problem if such a 250 gb hdd is used on a pc of lower configuration..

enticer86

Stay Silent!
gx_saurav said:
Any HD can develop bad sector, even a 40 GB one. This is not a universal truth so U can't be sure.
i agree...
dude just go ahead n make us all the more jealous of ur gadget!

blackpearl

The Devil
shidhin4ever said:
thanks for the replies !!!
i would like to know what would be the problem if such a 250 gb hdd is used on a pc of lower configuration..

Nothing would happen. The pc config isn't a constraint on the HD capacity. Go ahead and buy a 500GB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom