Buying 5PCs. Need help with spec and pricing

s.ritam

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Gaming, Animation development using a software that works on a Gaming Engine (DirectX11)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50k to 65k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: I dont know how to do it, and if it is a 'techie' stuff than I would not even attempt

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 Professional 64 bit (would love to use Linux, but havent checked if my animation software works on it or not)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 500GB would suffice

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, WideScreen, around 19 inches, decent resolution for the needs in #1

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: No reusing

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad, yes open to buying from other avenues

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am looking to buy 5 PCs for my small company. I have been advised to go for
a) a Z68 chipset - but I dont know which of the Z68 chipsets to opt for. On flipkart.com I can see 3 and a few more options on ebay.in.

b) PSU - min 550w because some high end graphics card need more power

c) a decent graphics card - if I wont overclock manually - do I go for GTX 560 or GTX 560Ti? Any other card which is close to the performance of gTX 560, but cheaper (non-AMD ONLY)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
For development you should use Workstation graphic card.

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i7 2600|16000
Motherboard |MSI H67MA-E35 B3|4600
RAM |G-skill F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT(4Gx1) * 2|2700
Graphic Card |ATI FirePro V4800|9500
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|4200
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |Seasonic S12II 520|3500
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
Monitor |Dell UltraSharp U2311H|13650
Keyboard |Logitech Media Keyboard MK200|700
UPS |APC 800VA|2800
Speakers |Logitech Z313|1625
| Total |62425

OP
S

s.ritam

Right off the assembly line
Thanks, but the animation software that I use works on the DirecX Platform and hence the workstation graphic card is going to be pretty useless for me.

Also, I am reposting this to the correct sub-forum, so if we can continue the discussion there please?

Thanks
Sharad

Top Bottom