Buy New Gaming Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
^^Bcoz its got a better customer support and runs cooler than the Palit's basic HD4850 model (not the Sonic+)

yaar,u r not entirly right here.
the new palit hd4850 model features a better cooler and newer bios,hence runs far cooler than the sapphire...well....cant comment about warranty,but if u source ur part from the right place,there shouldnt be any worries! :)
and FYI,i m talkin abt the reference 4850 model.
refer here

imgame2

Padawan
^^Bcoz its got a better customer support and runs cooler than the Palit's basic HD4850 model (not the Sonic+)

not so much is the case with HD4850 i know two of my friends at different places bought sapphire HD4850 a week before ..and face the problem of heating ...i bought the palit near about then along with many fellow digit members here ...they don't face any heating problem...

even before ...most of the heating problem that ever came.....came from sapphire HD4850 ...just check the net ....now the sapphire has come up with a dual slot cooler model ..which might run cool ...but again that costs 11k ...while palit HD4850 costs about 9.7k ...

so sapphire here is not as good as palit ....atleast in this case...it has better name cos it the oldest ATI partner ...support at my place in bad for sapphire but good for gecube/palit cos they are distributed by tirupati ..and their serivces are more or less same..and in general quite good compared to other distributors... wherever they have offices ...

and yes even the new palit comes with a dual slot cooler fan ....

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
yaar,u r not entirly right here.
the new palit hd4850 model features a better cooler and newer bios,hence runs far cooler than the sapphire...well....cant comment about warranty,but if u source ur part from the right place,there shouldnt be any worries! :)
and FYI,i m talkin abt the reference 4850 model.
refer here

I heard about the new Palit model after making that post and didnt know about it :razz:

Now, Palit is good to buy.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
But just one notification, the Nvidia cards perform much much better in games like CRYSIS, GRAW2, while in GRID and COD4 and MASS EFFECT, AMD rulez.

So, even a 9800GT will perform well vis-a-vis thee 4850 but 4850 IMAGE QUALITY is WAY WAY better.

Renny

Padawan
Does the HDD suggested here for this config have 32mb or 16mb buffer and whats the capacity and price?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Does the HDD suggested here for this config have 32mb or 16mb buffer and whats the capacity and price?

It is a 7200RPM drive with a 16MB buffer.

It costs around 3.5-3.6k and has a whooping capacity of 640GB :).

BTW, its Western Digital Caviar 640GB :)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom