Burn't DVD's Wont Read After Ejecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hi all..i am using Nero 8 for burning my DVD's...
so yesterday i burnt a couple Data DVD's with the option checked"Do not eject the disk after the Burn is complete"....
so this is what exactly happening....after the disk burn is complete ..i can check the content of the disk and the moment i eject it out and reinsert to check....it shows me error.....
Error"Windows cannot read from the disk.the disk might be corrupt or using a format that is not comparible with windows."

so i wonder how can that be happening ...if i can read the disk before ejecting....
whereas i can still read the old dvd's burnt in past...

any help will be greatly appreciated..

allmighty

Broken In
well that option is for those ppl who likes to check the the media (cd/dvd) after burning...nothing else ..it has nothing to do with ur problem...

u say u u checked the content ...it means u opend them (example if they were mp3 u played them)??? right ...if so then its odd ...it doesnt happen that same pc writes it and then throws error....once writte the only thing that can spoil a dvd is a scatch on its surface ...

i think u should try another brand of dvd ... i have a hitch that u r using some cheap brand Chinese one (10 rs )....

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Nope i bought a bulk of 10 Sony Cd's ..in a pack...i dunno why is it happening that way...in fact i do have cheap old cd's which still work....ohk let me check on my friend laptop first...and then reply you back about the same....

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hey i have checked the DVD's on my friend pc using compaq lappy.....
so i now i can't possible guess what might have happened with the drive...
guys help me out...:-(

allmighty

Broken In
u should try and burn another dvd from a different company (example moserbyer)...if it burns and read correctly that means there nothing wrong with ur dvd drive ...it just dont like sony :D...

if it doesnt then it means something is wrong with the drive ...u can start by cleaning the leans ..

how old is ur dvd drive by the way ???

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i am using Lite on 20x DVD drive..and if you have read correctly my first post....then you know what i mean:cool:

and by the way thanks for the suggestion...i have tried that..but still facing that problem...anyways i should end it getting a new drive :grin:

mittyr

silentFOX
@Pravas

- Check under Event Viewer > System for any errors related to this.
- Any errors in Device Manager ??
- Have u tried uninstalling the drive from Device Manager ??

Windows cannot read from the disk.the disk might be corrupt or using a format that is not comparible with windows."

First sign of a dying dvd lens.

- Hope you writing at lowest speeds ?
- Try, reducing "Read Speed" using Nero's "Control Drive's Speed". Worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom