Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box - A Worthy game - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
After getting many positive replies from many of the members here, i decided to buy the game and was even worried that whether the game works well in my PC, atleast at low settings. But frankly say,it just live upto my expectations.

I installed the game and click the exe to launch the game. As a wonder it automatically detects the settings to Medium at a resolution of 1024x768. I was happy to see that such a new game running on my PC, that too at Medium settings. Thanks EA for making the game to play on such low-end PC. And when it comes to graphics, i was amazed to see that city, which just took me away. It run w/o any hiccups and the textures were excellent. I was completely immersed with the city and even thought of mailing R* to take the city to their next GTA installment...:-D
The crashes really made me crazy, and sometimes getting involved with the game, i even blaming the computer opponents too.. Now thats what called as involving in the game..:mrgreen:

The major aspect of every game, the gameplay. The game starts immediately after the intro movies finishes. When i first drive my car to Auto Repair station and in my way back, i see a race is on the way and pressed the A+Z to start the race. The race is mind-blowing with superb car handling,and car details too. All the races were challenging. The thing i wonder about the game is, whether is there any previious installment of the game were released for PC. I havent yet heard about such game for PC.

The next addictive part here is the bikes. The bike details were sculpted well and i prefer to ride bikes more than riding a car. Riding a bike in the roads of such awesome city is a pleasure. The races were also amazing and even better than any bike racing title.

The sound tracks were simply awesome. The intro movie itself a nice thing to mention about. Nowadays i'll completely get out of NFS Series, by giving a try on such destruction derby kinda games, like FOUC, now BOPU. Far the most, the license thing which decided by the amount of titles win by the racer is a new innovation by the developers. There is no good way other than giving a license and upgrade it according to the performance of the racer. Getting real, right?

The controls were been configurable by pressing 'Esc' and after that,press F2 twice to enter the settings. I was just configure both keyboard and Controller so that i can play with whatever i feel comfortable at the time.(There is no negative part in the game)

Final verdict, game is awesome, cool in graphics, and it doesnt require a high end PC to play it. So grab it and give it a try. Worth for the price.
Must try game for all gamers, irrespective of the genre of the game they play.. :D

The overall score is 10/10.

Now some additional details were Minimum Requirement to play it, as published by Publishers

Pentium 4 2.8GHz
A 6600Series 128MB/X1300 series 128MB
1GB RAM
4GB HDD Space
Windows XP SP2/Vista

This is the PC in which i played the game

Pentium 4 3.7GHz
2GB RAM
7600GT
320GB WD
Windows XP SP3

EDITED : To change the score 10/10 instead of 9/10 as the only -ve part, the irritating controls were been easily configured in the way i mentioned in the review.:mrgreen:
To add screenies

*img8.imageshack.us/img8/72/burnoutparadise20090308.th.png

A Unique Jump..

Guys, unable to upload the remainig pics.. it show an "No files to upload" error..

Last edited:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Good review

But, A for acceleration & Z for brake & reverse, & <- and -> arrow keys, can't we change these controls??

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
configured d controller. now it rocks more. overall score updated to 10/10 :D Just now upgraded 2 license D.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
1299!!! I was hoping it will be priced like GTA4. :(

Normally they reduce the prices after a month of game release. May be it'll reduced to 899 after a month, if its sales goes on top.
Offtopic : Guys, i was just wondered to see that GTA IV is on sale for just 499 , whereas the GTA San Andreas priced at a whooping 999:shock:. WTF!! How does they priced it in such a conflicting manner..
GTA Vice City -> 499
GTA 3 -> 299
Who'll buy such a old game for such high prices.. Either the retailer or the distributor? Who is lame?

nice review.. thanks for the review..
:smile:
Did u got the game..?

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@m-jeri
Just configure it as u like.Its very easy to configure..Control mapping is simple as any game.. Man its an awesome game if u have a racing wheel, in addition...'

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Guys added screenies... Sorry i was juz able to add only one screenies.... And when i try to upload the rest it shows an "No files to upload" error. All the pics were of bmp format

configured d controller. now it rocks more. overall score updated to 10/10 Just now upgraded 2 license D.
:confused::shock: WTF? you wrote the review just after playing only a that little. I think you are suppose to play the game a lot more before writing a review. :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom