Burning a DVD

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Hi guys,

I want to burn data into a DVD. I don't like to use huge DVD/CD writing softwares such as NERO, etc. Can you guys suggest me some softwares which comes at free of cost and compact also(say 10-20 MB of its file size) with full features/functionality offered by the commercial softwares?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi guys,

I want to burn data into a DVD. I don't like to use huge DVD/CD writing softwares such as NERO, etc. Can you guys suggest me some softwares which comes at free of cost and compact also(say 10-20 MB of its file size) with full features/functionality offered by the commercial softwares?

ImagBurn from here: Download ImgBurn 2.5.8.0 - FileHippo.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try imgburn which is freeware but latest versions come with adware so during install choose options very carefully.however i recommend nero 7 or 8 micro version which contains all what a typical user needs without any bloat & a familiar nero interface.you can use serial from nero cd which used to come with any dvd writer.
Download Nero Micro v8.3.20.0 Build 1.20.1.1 - AfterDawn: Software downloads

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
try imgburn which is freeware but latest versions come with adware so during install choose options very carefully.however i recommend nero 7 or 8 micro version which contains all what a typical user needs without any bloat & a familiar nero interface.

Instal ImgBurn and say that it is having Adware and bloatware buddy.It is clean and uses less resources and efficient.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
when it comes to making statements like these i never post without doing some research & just for your information not just imgburn but another very good freeware crystaldiskinfo latest installer version also contain adware & many free softwares which are quite popular are following this trend so next time while installing latest version of your favourite free software pay attention to install options.
Best Free CD-DVD Burning Software
Caution: ImgBurn is now bundled with the OpenCandy wrapped installer.
Thanks but I see no option with ImageBurner for a Custom Installation, or to opt out of Open Candy. Incorporating OC began in 2.5.8.0.ImgBurn Old Version of ImgBurn 2.5.7.0 is still offered at Filehippo.
Controversial Advertising Program Now Being Embedded in More Software

btw i have used imgburn but i prefer nero 7/8 micro versions which are almost as light as imgburn but much more user friendly & with a rock solid burning engine.nero wasn't the standard for burning back in old days just for nothing.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
when it comes to making statements like these i never post without doing some research & just for your information not just imgburn but another very good freeware crystaldiskinfo latest installer version also contain adware & many free softwares which are quite popular are following this trend so next time while installing latest version of your favourite free software pay attention to install options.
Best Free CD-DVD Burning Software

Controversial Advertising Program Now Being Embedded in More Software

btw i have used imgburn but i prefer nero 7/8 micro versions which are almost as light as imgburn but much more user friendly & with a rock solid burning engine.nero wasn't the standard for burning back in old days just for nothing.

I used ImgBurn and even though it has Adware in its installation it can be turned off and only ImgBurn will get installed. For a more detailed info look here: *neosmart.net/wiki/burning-iso-images-with-imgburn/

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bavusani,average user don't give much attention to all the prompts during a typical install & recommending adware bundled softwares to such users must be made with a warning about this which you missed in your initial post.

@ramkumarvcbe,did you open the best free cd dvd burning software link i posted earlier?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: u wont get premium features of paid apps such as Nero in Free ones.
I use BurnAware and its pretty good & free

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 (free)

*www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0710/Burning_Software/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-6

PS: Their website is down I think. Try getting the setup using filehippo.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 6. Enough for my needs though the interface look a bit old.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I used to use Nero but started using ImgBurn and then on its no turning back.I also use PowerISO. These 2 are simply amazing softwares without any much bloatware.

sksundram

In the zone
Why nobody suggested gburner or cdburnerxp yet. These are two fantastic piece of softwares and i am using both of them for a very long period. Small in size and fast burning of dvds or bds. I would say go for gburner as for now. It is better than cdburnerxp in my experience and the best of all.

*www.gburner.com
*cdburnerxp.se

P.S. : gburner is a very capable extractor of iso files and the likes.

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
Guys, I'm happy with the outcome of ImgBurn. Thanks to all, who've replied in this thread. :)
@Admins, You can now close this thread as my issue is solved.

Top Bottom