Building a Powerful & Compact m-ITX Gaming PC, please go through my specs and advice...

trivisingh

Broken In
Need a Powerful Gaming m-ITX PC, Budget 1.2 lakh

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming, Current & Next-Gen like Battlefield 4, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty:Ghosts

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1.2 Lakh....can extend a bit if needed

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 128 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 24" atleast 1080p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within One Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have assembled before and will be doing it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Mumbai, can buy locally or online...whichever gives me the best deal

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I keep shuttling between 2 places where I stay....thats why the PC has to be really compact, to be check in as luggage on flights....compact enough to travel with it. Thats why I would prefer an m-ITX motherboard and cabinet. I have had a look at a few cases and the Cooler Master Elite 130 looks ideal to me....small enough to lug around. As for the GPU...would really prefer the Zotac GTX 780 AMP!

Last edited:

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Please fill this form up sir: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

Also i'm going to college now so won't reply soon :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
m-ITX case+powerful graphics card=disaster waiting to happen.
for a card like this micro-ATX is minimum recommended though i would suggest getting a mid tower.also i don't understand what is so necessary about travelling with a fully assembled pc.it is not like a laptop that you can use on the move.just assemble processor & mobo & pack it inside a box.rest of the components like hard disk,psu,ram,gpu etc also can be packed in their respective boxes.all of this can easily fit inside a medium size travel trolley bag.similarly a micro-atx/mid-tower can be fitted inside another trolley bag.of course that leaves little room to pack other stuff but as they say:no pain no gain.

Bro, travelling and desktop don't go in one sentence. Better get a powerful laptop. It will serve your gaming demands perfectly and will be portable too.

OP
T

trivisingh

Broken In
Re: Building a Powerful & Compact m-ITX Gaming PC, please go through my specs and advice...

m-ITX case+powerful graphics card=disaster waiting to happen.

Why do you say that? There are a lot of builds on PCPartPicker with a m-ITX case and powerful graphics card.

Bro, travelling and desktop don't go in one sentence. Better get a powerful laptop. It will serve your gaming demands perfectly and will be portable too.

I already have a gaming laptop. I got the Alienware M17X R1 and it was serving my needs till now, but now I want to upgrade and with a laptop, that is a really costly affair. The latest alienwares are north of 140K and will still be slower than a desktop PC for that price. Thats the reason I want to move over from a laptop to desktop.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Re: Need a Powerful Gaming m-ITX PC, Budget 1.2 lakh

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming, Current & Next-Gen like Battlefield 4, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Watch Dogs, Call of Duty:Ghosts

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 1.2 Lakh....can extend a bit if needed

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 8

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 128 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 24" atleast 1080p

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within One Month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have assembled before and will be doing it myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Mumbai, can buy locally or online...whichever gives me the best deal

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I keep shuttling between 2 places where I stay....thats why the PC has to be really compact, to be check in as luggage on flights....compact enough to travel with it. Thats why I would prefer an m-ITX motherboard and cabinet. I have had a look at a few cases and the Cooler Master Elite 130 looks ideal to me....small enough to lug around. As for the GPU...would really prefer the Zotac GTX 780 AMP!

TOTALLY KICK@SS RIG:-
Processor: Intel Core i7 4670k -16000
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB -5200
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX -18950
Video Card: MSI GTX 770 TF Gaming 2GB -32000
Storage: WD Caviar Black 1TB -6500
Storage 1: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB SSD -7500
Power Supply: Seasonic X550RM -6900
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy -6500
Monitor: Dell S2440L 24" LED IPS -13500
ODD: Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100
Cooler: Corsair H80i -8500
TOTAL -1,22,650.

Link for the Asus ROG MB Release in India :Asus ROG Launches Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX Motherboard For Rs 18,950 India Market Price

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR

TOTALLY KICK@SS RIG:-
Processor: Intel Core i7 4670k -16000
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB -5200
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX -18950
Video Card: MSI GTX 770 TF Gaming 2GB -32000
Storage: WD Caviar Black 1TB -6500
Storage 1: Samsung 840 EVO 128GB SSD -7500
Power Supply: Seasonic X550RM -6900
Case: Bitfenix Prodigy -6500
Monitor: Dell S2440L 24" LED IPS -13500
ODD: Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100
Cooler: Corsair H80i -8500
TOTAL -1,22,650.

Link for the Asus ROG MB Release in India :Asus ROG Launches Maximus VI Impact Mini-ITX Motherboard For Rs 18,950 India Market Price

Get the R9-280X , it's almost as good as the 770 but is still 5-7k cheaper with an extra gb of vram.
Also he want's 2tb hdd :p

@OP do you need 2 monitors [both for one of your homes?] or you'll be carrying monitor aswell ?

OP
T

trivisingh

Broken In

Get the R9-280X , it's almost as good as the 770 but is still 5-7k cheaper with an extra gb of vram.
Also he want's 2tb hdd :p

@OP do you need 2 monitors [both for one of your homes?] or you'll be carrying monitor aswell ?

I will be carrying the monitor as well, so it will be good if the monitor is as slim as possible.

Also I just heard about the price drop on NVidia cards....so I might get the GTX 780 after all

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
in India climate conditions are different than in usual european/US market.whatever temps one gets by running a powerful graphics card in a m-ITX case in europe/US(assuming these temps with max possible cooling solutions) at least 10-20C can be expected to add in Indian conditions & m-ITX cases are not flexible enough to upgrade cooling solutions in such situations.anyway its your choice & you may probably get away with it as Mumbai is a coastal city & with good electricity supply you can manage to run an A.C. for most of the time in the room in which PC is placed.

Top Bottom