Build Suggestion Required [60k-70k]

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,if planning on buying an aftermarket cooler then go for a cabinet with at least 160mm cpu cooler clearance. GPU also can be checked though nowadays most graphics cards fit in any decent mid tower cabinet. Full tower cabinet is costlier & not really required for a typical pc config,mid tower is fine for majority of users.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Select any cabinet which supports 165mm cpu cooler & almost any good cpu cooler will fit.

If you don't care for the looks then this one has a good cooling performance:
Buy Online | Corsair Carbide Series 300R Compact PC Gaming Cabinet | Price in India

Or this one is also good plus it is more recent/better looks(mdcomputers currently out of stock)
Buy Online | Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid Tower Case - Black MCY-B5S1-KKYN-09 | Price in India
Haha thanks. I don't know whether there is any option on MD site to choose cabinet based on cooler size preference or not but I'll check. And thanks for mentioning those models. Even the second model doesn't have a side window does it LoL. I think the purchaser in this case might not like it, as he likes good looks for cabinets, practically anyone does. We are probably the weirdos, not giving damn about looks hehe.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Found this one for compatible PC case.

Compare to Full & Mid not much more than 20mm, but only price was huge difference.

PC Cases and Compatible Heatsink GPU CPU Cooler Heights

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Found this one for compatible PC case.

Compare to Full & Mid not much more than 20mm, but only price was huge difference.

PC Cases and Compatible Heatsink GPU CPU Cooler Heights
That list is not much useful for Indian buyers as many models are either unavailable/available at much higher price/not really needed by a majority of users here. Simply define a budget range first for cabinet & then just search models on mdcomputers,vedantcomputers,primeabgb & theitdepot within that price range(excl Indian companies like iball,zebronics,circle etc). When you find an interesting model go to its official product page & check its specs to see what is the max cpu cooler clearance.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, so after a lengthy discussion now the purchaser understands that going for Non-K processor might be the wiser thing, so changed the items again, LoL, and attaching the final items once more, for you guys to check. Is the selected motherboard fine or needs to be changed? And I also selected 2666 MHz ram only, because that's the max CPU supports, and it can't be overclocked either, so no point in going for 3000 or above right?

And also please confirm, the non-K 8600 comes with the stock heatsink right? No additional cooler needs to be purchased?

Attachments

• IMG-20190216-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190216-WA0006.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG-20190216-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190216-WA0005.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 100

Minion

Conversation Architect
Okay, so after a lengthy discussion now the purchaser understands that going for Non-K processor might be the wiser thing, so changed the items again, LoL, and attaching the final items once more, for you guys to check. Is the selected motherboard fine or needs to be changed? And I also selected 2666 MHz ram only, because that's the max CPU supports, and it can't be overclocked either, so no point in going for 3000 or above right?

And also please confirm, the non-K 8600 comes with the stock heatsink right? No additional cooler needs to be purchased?
Buy Asus ROG Strix B360-G Gaming at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in
Buy Cooler Master MASTERBOX MB520 RGB at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Go with either Asus ROg Strix B360-G as suggested above or go with this:
Buy Gigabyte B360 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in
It is costlier but it also comes with an excellent integrated AC wifi & bluetooth 5.0 which even many Z370 mobo don't have.
The GIGABYTE B360 Gaming 3 WIFI Review: A Cheaper Alternative at $120
The Wi-Fi is 802.11ac supports Wave 2 and runs at 160 Hz which yields a maximum bandwidth of 1.73 Gbps. Most Z370 boards do not support that speed out of their integrated Wi-Fi, and none have it integrated on the chipset. With this comes a higher level of Bluetooth support (Bluetooth 5.0).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also ram overclocking is separate from processor overclocking,you can not overclock non-k intel processor but you can overclock ram on any intel mobo(aka XMP). Go with Corsair 16gb 3000mhz as it will easily run at 3000mhz using intel XMP option in every intel compatible mobo. You also get better after sales support with corsair compared to Gskill. All non-k intel processor come with stock heat-sink/fan.

P.S. make sure to watch some youtube videos of how to install intel stock cooler with push pin configuration as it is a bit tricky for 1st time users & an improper install will result in high processor temps.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Also ram overclocking is separate from processor overclocking,you can not overclock non-k intel processor but you can overclock ram on any intel mobo(aka XMP). Go with Corsair 16gb 3000mhz as it will easily run at 3000mhz using intel XMP option in every intel compatible mobo. You also get better after sales support with corsair compared to Gskill. All non-k intel processor come with stock heat-sink/fan.

P.S. make sure to watch some youtube videos of how to install intel stock cooler with push pin configuration as it is a bit tricky for 1st time users & an improper install will result in high processor temps.
Okay thanks. I thought using XMP meant a bit of CPU overclocking as well. Cause no matter what I tired with my system, using XMP (from BIOS) overclocked the CPU in one way or another. Maybe because my system is old and something has changed with these new chipsets.

Thanks for recommending to watch YouTube videos. The assembling will be done by MD's assembler though, but I will will watch it once.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because you are using a 6th gen "k" processor with a Z170 mobo so of course enabling xmp will also overclock processor by a bit.Using xmp does overclocks the processor "a little bit" to stabilize increased ram speeds.Only difference is that with non-k processor there is no overclocking so no stabilization meaning it all depends on how good the IMC(integrated memory controller) on processor is & how good is mobo support.7th/8th gen have much better IMC than 6th gen & same with mobo support so one can easily achieve 3000mhz ram speeds even on non-k 7th/8th gen processors by just using XMP.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys should a 1660 be considered over rx580? Going to purchase the system in few hours. Kindly respond

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Guys should a 1660 be considered over rx580? Going to purchase the system in few hours. Kindly respond

What is the price difference that you are getting? GTX 1660 is a better performer (not a big difference though) than rx580 and much more efficient (120w vs 185w, lesser load on your PSU).
If I were you, I would go for 1660 if price difference between the two is <4-5k.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What is the price difference that you are getting? GTX 1660 is a better performer (not a big difference though) than rx580 and much more efficient (120w vs 185w, lesser load on your PSU).
If I were you, I would go for 1660 if price difference between the two is <4-5k.
The Rx580 is 18.2k. 1660 is 21.5k.

Buy Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

Or

Buy Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 AMP at Lowest Price in India - mdcomputers.in

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well he went for the RX580 in the end.

*photos.app.goo.gl/xUroqTiW3w5am1oT7

System is all set up and running. Just that what benchmark should I run just to check whether the components (CPU, GPU etc.) are running on their mentioned spec and all? Kindly advise.

One more thing, that motherboard has RGB, how to enable it? Through BIOS or Asus Utility software? Also will enabling the RGB on motherboard also enable the RGB on the cabinet? Noticed some sync-aura whatever.

God knows how all these RGB stuffs work.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys I need a suggestion on a Cooler. Budget is around 3.5k. Gotta be an RGB unit LoL. Also suggest a good thermal paste, unless the cooler already comes with one. Kindly remember the cabinet in use, for the size factor. It's the Masterbox MB500. Please mention whatever is considered best in that price range.

That newly bought system is outputting 90 degrees on average on all cores, after playing games for not even one hour! Screenshot attached. The provided Intel stock cooler is great it seems.

Kindly advise.

@whitestar_999 @Randy_Marsh @Minion

Attachments

• IMG-20190331-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190331-WA0006.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That newly bought system is outputting 90 degrees on average on all cores, after playing games for not even one hour! Screenshot attached. The provided Intel stock cooler is great it seems.
You mean not great?

Buy Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P at Best Price in India I www.mdcomputers.in
You will need to buy thermal paste as no aftermarket cooler comes with it.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You mean not great?

Buy Cooler Master MASTERAIR MA610P at Best Price in India I www.mdcomputers.in
You will need to buy thermal paste as no aftermarket cooler comes with it.
Thanks. Lol the purchaser had that selected by himself actually.

What paste should I get? Just a basic good one would do.

And that was sarcasm by the way, stock Intel cooler being best.

Top Bottom