Build Suggestion Required [60k-70k]

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You picked everything good but why not a good SSD, something like Samsung 860 EVO.
Well he wants to purchase lower sized SSD, and I couldn't find a 860 at 120 gigs on MD website. So settled for that instead. He keeps saying that he'll only keep apps and games on the SSD, therefore, he doesn't need a bigger one.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
One thing regarding the cabinet: I have the same model (spec alpha white-red) and its really difficult to keep the white surface clean at all times, specially when you don't do dusting every other day. The dust and random stains looks quite prominent on it, which makes me think to switch to black red variant.
Assuming that you don't have special love for white color, I'd suggest to go for black red variant.
Will absolutely gonna mention this to him. I myself like white, but never bought one for this reason alone.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Everything looks good as vineet sharma white cabinet will attract more dusts you can switch it to grey silver to overcome this.
Which monitor did you selected?
AOC has some great looking monitors for good pricing
Best Buy 27 Inch LED Backlit Gaming Monitor in India| Monitors | Best Budget 19, 21 inch LED & LCD Monitors | AOC India
The BenQ 2411P was selected. As he would like to experience 144 Hz, he doesn't care that much for an IPS panel.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
By the way that CPU, 8600k, that comes with the stock Intel cooler pre-bundled or a third-party cooler is needed to be purchased? If yes, then which one to go for, any basic good model would do at entry level range.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No point in buying 8600K if mobo is not Z370,change mobo to this:
Buy Asrock Z370 EXTREME4 at Lowest Price India - Mdcomputers.in

Change graphics card to this:
Buy SAPPHIRE (11265-05-20G) Best Price in India mdcomputers.in

for future reference always prefer asus/zotac over msi/others for nvidia card & sapphire over others for amd cards.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

for future reference always prefer asus/zotac over msi/others for nvidia card & sapphire over others for amd cards.

Footi kismat meri, Sapphire was selling for 30k+ when I was building my system. Aur karo mining bc.

Minion

Conversation Architect
The BenQ 2411P was selected. As he would like to experience 144 Hz, he doesn't care that much for an IPS panel.
I am not sure but I think this monitor will only work with Nvidia graphics card at 144Hz for AMD graphics card you need AMD freesync monitor
*www.aocindia.com/productspecs/aocmonitor/gaming/C24G1.pdf

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

The required changes were made and following are the final cart items- *photos.app.goo.gl/D81x2UzxyEYa9hP47

Only the monitor needs to be changed. Minion was right. That BenQ doesn't have FreeSync feature it seems. The AOC he recommended though is not available on MD. Might have to purchase from elsewhere.

Oh, and kindly mention about the Cooler thing, is a separate cooler needed to be be purchased, or 8600K comes with a heatsink? In case a cooler is mandatory to be bought, kindly also suggest one such.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes,you need an aftermarket cooler as intel "k" versions processors don't come with stock cooler nowadays.How much is your budget for the cooler?Biggest issue is that corsair spec alpha has a max clearance of 156mm for cpu cooler & most good cpu coolers exceed this.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes,you need an aftermarket cooler as intel "k" versions processors don't come with stock cooler nowadays.How much is your budget for the cooler?Biggest issue is that corsair spec alpha has a max clearance of 156mm for cpu cooler & most good cpu coolers exceed this.
Oh ffs Intel! Anyway, budget is as low as possible, like 2k max. I saw some cooler master unit around 1600 on MD, forgot the model, so that won't fit then eh?

PS: What about these-

Buy Cooler Master HYPER 410R Led Red at Best Price in India I www.mdcomputers.in

Or

Buy Antec A30 at Lowest Price in India www.mdcomputers.in

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then why are you even buying a "k" edition processor,running such a processor with a less than 3k cooler is like asking for trouble not to mention that 3k cooler will only be able to run it at its stock speed.For safely overclocking you need a 4-5k cooler.

Better change your entire config,go for a non-k processor & a cheaper mobo.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Then why are you even buying a "k" edition processor,running such a processor with a less than 3k cooler is like asking for trouble not to mention that 3k cooler will only be able to run it at its stock speed.For safely overclocking you need a 4-5k cooler.

Better change your entire config,go for a non-k processor & a cheaper mobo.
The system will never be overclocked. Also the K version has higher clocks right? That's the reason to go for it. Why won't anyone purchase a K edition when it comes with higher base clock? Lol.

I didn't realise you have to invest behind a good cooler! However, if what you say is true, then please suggest one accordingly. Budget is already pushing maximum limit, that's why didn't want to invest much behind cooler, but if it's necessary, then obviously would.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
People buy "k" version processor for overclocking,only using it at stock/base clock which is 500mhz more than non-k version means just a 5-6% advantage over non-k version.My suggestion is to just get i5 8600 & a cheaper B360 mobo.

As for cpu cooler,this is the cheapest & acceptable one(if using with i5 8600k then don't oc it).
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Hyper-H410R-RR-H410-20PK-R1/dp/B0784FZT8H

A better one would be Hyper 212 turbo but not sure if it will fit into spec alpha cabinet.

Minion

Conversation Architect
The system will never be overclocked. Also the K version has higher clocks right? That's the reason to go for it. Why won't anyone purchase a K edition when it comes with higher base clock? Lol.

I didn't realise you have to invest behind a good cooler! However, if what you say is true, then please suggest one accordingly. Budget is already pushing maximum limit, that's why didn't want to invest much behind cooler, but if it's necessary, then obviously would.
Get non K version problem solved I don't think there will be major gain with those bump in clocks and OP will not overclock K version will heat more as its TDP is rated 95 watts so is energy consumption I think he would be fine with non k version

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, thanks for the suggestion on the Cooler. I'll convey the message to him about the non-K part, if he agrees then will choose the non-K version, but if he wanna stay with K version, in case he wants to OC in a distant future, he even can change that cabinet which can fit a better Cooler.

PS: He's saying he would prefer the K version, as having provision for a overclock at a latter stage is preferred. So kindly suggest a cabinet which fits a good cooler.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Select any cabinet which supports 165mm cpu cooler & almost any good cpu cooler will fit.

If you don't care for the looks then this one has a good cooling performance:
Buy Online | Corsair Carbide Series 300R Compact PC Gaming Cabinet | Price in India

Or this one is also good plus it is more recent/better looks(mdcomputers currently out of stock)
Buy Online | Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid Tower Case - Black MCY-B5S1-KKYN-09 | Price in India

shreeux

Movie Buff
Select any cabinet which supports 165mm cpu cooler & almost any good cpu cooler will fit.

If you don't care for the looks then this one has a good cooling performance:
Buy Online | Corsair Carbide Series 300R Compact PC Gaming Cabinet | Price in India

Or this one is also good plus it is more recent/better looks(mdcomputers currently out of stock)
Buy Online | Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid Tower Case - Black MCY-B5S1-KKYN-09 | Price in India

How to choose cabinet if go for Good Cooler for future proof?
Any measurements?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
How to choose cabinet if go for Good Cooler for future proof?
Any measurements?
Most good cpu coolers need 160-165mm of clearance which is mentioned in specs of cabinet on their product page on manufacturer's website.
upload_2019-2-15_0-4-53.png

upload_2019-2-15_0-6-24.png

Top Bottom