Buffer Underrun Problem in new acer laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooldude666666

Broken In
recently i bought an acer aspire 5920(Core 2 Duo T5550, Mobile Intel GMA X3100 2gb ddr2 667 mhz) which came with a dvd-writer manufactured by TSST Corp.(model no: TS-L632H). Whenever I burn anything using Nero, there are a lot of buffer-underrun errors(numbering around and more than 300). I'm using Nero 6.6.0.13 Ultra Edition on Windows XP SP3, v3264. I have also noticed that my desktop which does not give this error writes in less time at same speed. Can someone tell me why is this happening?? Is this some hardware problem?? How can I fix this? Please answer my questions asap.

shantanu

Technomancer
i had a acer 4520 amd based lappy about a month ago, they are using a samsung toshiba corp. burner ! the basic thing is to updae the firmware and you wont get any problem again.. go to the samsung firmware update website and download the lkive update tool.. then use NERO 7 i guess the problem will go away.. :)

OP
cooldude666666

cooldude666666

Broken In
Thanks shantanu. Will chk ur solution and report results.

The downloads offered by samsung website do not run on my laptop saying that my the update is not for my drive.

Last edited:
OP
cooldude666666

cooldude666666

Broken In
UPDATE:
This problem was due to my drive not being able to switch itself to DMA Mode. I recently installed another copy of windows but this time a sp2 and not a sp3 and the problem got resolved.
Also See: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89703

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom