Budget Tablet Confusion - which one to go for

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Tablet Buying Guide

which one to go for? Karbonn Smart Tab 8 or Lava E-Tab Xtron Plus or ASUS Memo Pad ME172V? (budget is 7K, the lesser the better)
usage - reading books, pdfs, watching video clips
good ass is needed.

or go for nexus wifi (inr9999 at present INR9K at flipkart)? is it better than the above?
or wait for ASUS Memo Pad 8 to release here?

after purchasing any one, next one will not be purchased for at least 1 year, may be more.

One Noob question - Wifi only means what? only Wifi? usb data cards (3g / cdma like photon+) can't be used in it?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Wifi tab means without sim slot. However, you can use data card as long as the Tab has OTG support and has support for your particular datacard.

Please please don't go for Karbonn/Lava. They will leave you in the ditch if some problem happens.

Go for Asus or Nexus(again built by Asus).

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Definitely go for nexus,if you could shell Rs.9k

You could also seek out the new XOLO Play Tab,but that's beyond your budget.

Buy LAVA E-Tab XTRON not the XTRON+,because XTRON sports an IPS panel,whereas XTRON+ sports only a LCD panel.

Karbonn Smart Tab 8 is decent, but according to reviews LAVA XTRON only is slightly better than it.

Tablet Buying Guide

One Noob question - Wifi only means what? only Wifi? usb data cards (3g / cdma like photon+) can't be used in it?

Yes.

Wifi tab means without sim slot. However, you can use data card as long as the Tab has OTG support and has support for your particular datacard.

Please please don't go for Karbonn/Lava. They will leave you in the ditch if some problem happens.

Go for Asus or Nexus(again built by Asus).
This is the clarification.
AFAIK, some super quality tabs such as Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ (having wifi only) means,we can't use any 3G Datacard to it.Same occurs with Kindle Fire HD+(wifi version only).

Last edited:
OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
So it is Nexus (INR8,999/- till 19th oct at flipkart) and not Asus Memo Pad that is being recommended.

xolo play tab 7 has almost similar features or i am missing something?

What about waiting for Asus Memo Pad 8?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
You can go for XOLO Tab(8" display with QUALCOMM processor and ADRENO GPU)at a price little less than XOLO Play Tab.
This XOLO Tab also has a 3G/2G sim slot...

OP
vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
You can go for XOLO Tab(8" display with QUALCOMM processor and ADRENO GPU)at a price little less than XOLO Play Tab.
This XOLO Tab also has a 3G/2G sim slot...

i don't need the sim slot for making calls and also i won't be using 3g net so that is a plus.

i have heard many bad remarks about xolo ass and that is why i am more inclined towards asus.

Top Bottom