Budget system based on AthlonXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
Hi,
One of my friend wants one budget system based on Athlon XP. He wants to use onboard video card due to lack of budget. I have given him the following config. Please give me some suggestions on this config. I heard this Asus board has some bugs in it....like it restarts again and again without any reason. Is this true?

1.AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Processor (333MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache, Barton Core)
2.Asus A7N8X-VM motherboard (nVidia nForce2 IGP chipset)
3.Kingston ValueRAM 1024MB dual channel DDR at 333MHz (PC2700) (2x 512MB) (model no.- KVR333x64C25)
4.Western Digital Caviar 80GB, 7200rpm Ultra ATA hard drive with 2MB Cache (model no.- WD800BB)
5.LiteOn 52x32x52x CD-RW drive
6.Sony 1.44MB floppy drive
7.ViewSonic E71f DynaFlat 17” CRT colour monitor
8.Logitech standard keyboard deluxe (PS/2)
9.Logitech value optical mouse (PS/2)
10.Altec Lansing 221 2.1 speakers

Please help..!

He need to run some softwares which requires minimum 512MB RAM. As this board uses onboard video card he'll be not able to use full 512MB RAM, if I installed 512MB of RAM...this is the reason why I have given 1GB of RAM.

plasmafire

Journeyman
hmm the board seemz 2 have some issues...

y donn go 4 ath 64fx and gigabyte board?
no vid. card?? try fx 5200 ~ Rs 4000
mobo is 5.1 go 4 creative 5.1 spks...rs 4000

theraven

Technomancer
1024 mb of ram isnt budget
512 would be enuff if ur strict in it
that will save u 4k and u can go for an add on agp card instead of onboard graphics

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Dude if u friend is budget conscious and wants a value system why is he going for all hi-end components.

Hynix will be a value option.
Altec lansings are better performers but cost more.so creative or some other brand wud be a good choice.
Those Wds drives arent what i call value options .....

Posting the budget would be much better. i'd suggest that you take a look at most threads in the h/w section and u will get ir solution or better still search.

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Forget about 1GB RAM.....instead I've decided to use external GeForce FX graphics for him. For which mobo I should go for.....Asus A7N8X, A7N8X-X or A7N8X-E Deluxe? I mean what is the diff between nForce2 400 and Ultra 400 chipsets? Which of them is better one??
Please suggest!!

suave_guy

pedal to metal
Along with the budget also describe the purpose of the computer.... i mean gaming or general work....coz if its not for gaming then the ultra version of the nforce2 mobo with onboard graphics will be quite ok as far as graphics and sound is concerned....
you can also save around Rs.1000-1500 by going for non flat 17" monitor if in case other peripherals shoot up the budget....

Enjoy:)

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Why dont we have a restricted post in which a single person will update prices of hw as the new pieces roll out. Whaddya think ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom