Budget Router

varuog

Journeyman
Hi Friends,

Please help me in buying a budget router.
I am currently using the default router given by my internet network provider (Binatone DT 845W) but recently it has started giving trouble by getting disconnected very frequently.

My internet speed is around 16MBPS and around 6 - 10 devices will be connected to it.
My budget is around 1k.

I am considering the below options:

1. *www.flipkart.com/netgear-jnr1010-n150-wireless-router/p/itmdekmq26udbjdt
2. *www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-wr740n-150mbps-wireless-n-router/p/itmdrmmgfwnyhzvy

Please tell me which is a better option or if there are any other options I should be looking at.

Thanks in advance,
Gourav.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Binatone DT 845W is an adsl wifi router used for broadband provided through telephone line while the models above are just wifi routers & will need an adsl modem to work with such telephone line internet connections.

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
Thanks whitestar... You saved me from the hassle of buying the wrong product..

Can you please suggest me a router with modem that would fit my needs...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
get tp-link w8968 from snapdeal(they sell v2 as confirmed by members here while flipkart used to sell v1 & not sure which version they currently sell,v2 has more powerful antennas than v1 version which has older hardware).
*www.snapdeal.com/product/tplink-300mbps-wireless-n-usb/1490743

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
Thanks for the quick response...

The product does look good with excellent reviews... I am just worried about the brand as most my friends recommend netgear...can you throw some light on this too please??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as far as brands go tp-link is as reliable as netgear or dlink or asus.in fact under Rs.5000-6000 range i currently prefer tp-link & asus over any other brand.

OP
varuog

varuog

Journeyman
Thanks [MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] for all the help ..

Will surely post a review once I make a purchase.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
its an excellent device and get it from snapdeal as they are selling v2 of that at a much cheaper price than others

Top Bottom