Budget Rig 24K

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Budget Rig 22K

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming - Skyrim, MW3, Diablo 3 and the like
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:22K for now

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win7 64 Bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: None, using old one

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:20 inch

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Mouse, Keyboard , Headset, Hard Disk, GRAPHICS CARD

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: This Week.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Il be assembling it on my own!

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Bhubaneswar, Can only order from Flipkart or Ebay

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
I need All the components EXCEPT THE graphics card which I will add in october.. i plan to purchase HD 6850/HD 7770 then.

I need to find a GOOD PSU for under Rs 2300.. I have found a Gigabyte 550 watt with 80 Plus rating
Gigabyte PoweRock Power Supply, 80Plus Certified, True 550W 550 Watt SMPS i5 i7 | eBay

Is this a good deal ??

What i have decided for rest of the config
Price from local store

i3 2100 Rs 6800
Asus P8H61 Rs 2800
LG DVD RW Rs 900
Case El cheapo Iball Rs 500
Monitor: Dell IN2030M Rs 6200
Frontech UPS 600va : 1450
Ram : Transcend 4 GB DDR3 Rs 1289 Will order this from flipkart.. (Cant buy
corsair as there is no service center in bhubaneswar)

Unfortunately, local stores are littered with crap iball/zebronics/intex/frontech psus, so ill have to order online.. Plz make the PSU under Rs 2300.. As i will be adding a HD 6850 later, i will need atleast 430 watt
Total Rs 22239

Suggest ASAP plz

Come on, one day and no reply.. please suggest ASAP.. time is running out
Should I order that Gigabyte PSU or not ??

Last edited:

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
If you cant buy corsair then buy it from any other brand. Near my home 4GB RAM sells for 1k.
Intel Core i3 2120: 7k
Gigabyte H61M-D2H: 3k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1k
Dell IN2030M: 6k
LG 22x DVD writer: 0.9k
Case IBall: 0.5k
APC 600Va: 1.4k
FSP Saga II 500w: 2.2k
Total: 21.5k
It is better than any other PSU available at this price point and Gigabyte uses FSP as their OEM. If you are unable to get this one then you can opt for Corsair CX430 V2 for 2.4k which is also very good you can get it for under 2.2k.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There IS a Gigabyte Service center near my location but no FSP no corsair service center.. Thats y i m confused whether i should get the Gigabyte PoweRock 550w.. On paper it seems really good as it is 80+ certified.. Im confused on what i should do, please reply asap

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Gigabyte would be good enough bro. Might I also suggest a 7770 over 6850? It performs better and consumes less power.

BTW "Nerevarine"! :D Good to see another Morrowind fan :D

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks for the reply guys, I will buy HD 7770/HD 6850 only and ONLY if it is between 7K and 8K - the cheapest i could find from Gigabyte OR MSI..
However, if i can get GTX 560 for 9k, i will go for it..
Currently gTX 560 from ebay is only 9.5 k after applying coupon

However, that particular PSU's oem is CWT which is the OEM of Corsair.. It kinda gives me a sigh of relief ;)

PS : Morrowind is a gem in the pc gaming industry ;).. its kinda sad that when skyrim launched, many jumped into the bandwagon without giving a crap about oblivion and morrowind

Top Bottom