Budget Mobile Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
OK, but isn't ANY phone with built in internet connectivity thats connectable to a computer usable as a modem ? And from what I know, it dials the same CDMA network weather you connect via PC or via the phone itself.

Have you atleast *tried* pluging in the phone and connecting ? And did you notice any deduction from your prepaid account ?

actually the NOP of tata on this handset connects through a proxy to the internet .This proxy is of opera mini . so you can only connect to the internet using that proxy in the phone. The default tata indicom internet user name and password is INTERNET and the dialup number is #777 which will connect the phone directly to the internet without proxy .This is how tata indicom separates the NOP and normal internet users . I tried connecting to the internet earlier but does not connects . tata customer care guy told me that i have to activate internet on the sim first for pc internet.

dude, wtf. This aint normal.
I am a man of principles. And I like the way I am :|

actually the NOP of tata on this handset connects through a proxy to the internet .This proxy is of opera mini . so you can only connect to the internet using that proxy in the phone. The default tata indicom internet user name and password is INTERNET and the dialup number is #777 which will connect the phone directly to the internet without proxy .This is how tata indicom separates the NOP and normal internet users . I tried connecting to the internet earlier but does not connects . tata customer care guy told me that i have to activate internet on the sim first for pc internet.
So that has seperate costs ? :lol:
No wonder you are charged just 99 per month for internet. :rolleyes:
How is GMail Mobile website ?
How do you browse these forums ?
Whats the SCREEN SIZE ?

Finally, is there any hack to use the internet on computer while fooling the phone's dialer into thinking that its the phone itself that is accessing the net ?

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
I am a man of principles. And I like the way I am :|

So that has seperate costs ? :lol:
No wonder you are charged just 99 per month for internet. :rolleyes:
How is GMail Mobile website ?
How do you browse these forums ?
Whats the SCREEN SIZE ?

Finally, is there any hack to use the internet on computer while fooling the phone's dialer into thinking that its the phone itself that is accessing the net ?

btw most of the questions u r asking r there on the link i gav.seems u havnt read that nicely. Abt the sites, all sites open the same way as they open in the standard version of opera mini. This phone has a customized version of opera mini for best compatibility. I havnt used the nop of that tata phone since the last 4 months as i got a N73 ME for myself so i dont know how sites open in it now. But remember dude. That just 99 Rs of nop is really worth it. Its damn faster because it has very consistent speeds which even EDGE lacks. How can u xpect full fledged internet for 99Rs :rolleyes:btw dude ur requirements r much higher which u r xpecting frm a damn basic phone. A damn basic phone will have a mere b&w screen and polyphonic tones.

btw most of the questions u r asking r there on the link i gav.seems u havnt read that nicely. Abt the sites, all sites open the same way as they open in the standard version of opera mini. This phone has a customized version of opera mini for best compatibility. I havnt used the nop of that tata phone since the last 4 months as i got a N73 ME for myself so i dont know how sites open in it now. But remember dude. That just 99 Rs of nop is really worth it. Its damn faster because it has very consistent speeds which even EDGE lacks. How can u xpect full fledged internet for 99Rs :rolleyes:btw dude ur requirements r much higher which u r xpecting frm a damn basic phone. A damn basic phone will have a mere b&w screen and polyphonic tones.
yup. thats why I am considering something like THE_PHONE_IN_THIS_LINK. It can even be used to browse the net via a PC.

Its perfect, but I don't know ANYTHING about it. :(

utsav

damn busy...
^^ arey bhai C2900i officially supports internet on pc too. Just get the data plans frm the dealer and use it for net. Its working is exactly same as the tata plug 2 surf usb modem with same net speeds. so y buy only a usb modem when u can get a phone too at a similar price :D

^^ arey bhai C2900i officially supports internet on pc too. Just get the data plans frm the dealer and use it for net. Its working is exactly same as the tata plug 2 surf usb modem with same net speeds. so y buy only a usb modem when u can get a phone too at a similar price :D
I don't KNOW the data plans. And for net, I am seriously considering BSNL CDMA or EVDO :D
Tell me, can it be cheaper than BSNL ?

utsav

damn busy...
:lol:

All I need is excellent signal strength, vibration mode, caller blacklisting, and other basic features like in nokia 1100.

that 749 Rs haier phone is ok but it has pathetic battery and build quality, that phone cant even last 6 months in ur tight jeans pocket. :D One of my friend got that phone and within 2 months his battery cover lock broke and he faced frequent disconnections during calls as his battery used to come out of its place :)) he wrapped a cellotape around his phone body to keep the battery cover in its place :lol:

BSOD

Err.. what?
I guess you should go with the basic offering of Nokia, the 1100 or buy the iPhone when it comes in september.

BSOD

Err.. what?
>>Its my dad who is insisting that I and my sis get a phone. He wanted to buy me an >>iPhone (after seeing its ads :lol:). I argued against it and told him that something >>cheap and basic will do. :smile:

>>ya iphone is a basic offering from apple :eek: :grin: :razz::razz::razz: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :confused:

>>I guess you should go with the BASIC OFFERING OF NOKIA, the 1100 or buy the >>iPhone when it comes in september.

Oh, well. Guess, I was misunderstood. I would have gone with the iPhone any day...

>>Its my dad who is insisting that I and my sis get a phone. He wanted to buy me an >>iPhone (after seeing its ads :lol:). I argued against it and told him that something >>cheap and basic will do. :smile:

>>ya iphone is a basic offering from apple :eek: :grin: :razz::razz::razz: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :confused:

>>I guess you should go with the BASIC OFFERING OF NOKIA, the 1100 or buy the >>iPhone when it comes in september.

Oh, well. Guess, I was misunderstood. I would have gone with the iPhone any day...
well, I don't want the iPhone since it has plans that are not in my budget, and since its not worth all that money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom