Budget Gaming rig (20k-not flexible at any cost)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
i am sorry digitians for posting another budget gaming rig thread( my third)..
but finally my dad seems to be relenting and promising me an pc upgrade

i want to play games like Batman Arkham Asylum,City,GTA 4,NFS the run,Fifa 12 ,13,COD,assasins creed,portal,Dirt series
i will also watch movies ,sometimes hd

i have this rig in mind:
AMD A6-3650/3870K
Biostar A55ML+
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM
MSI Hd 6770
Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB GDDR5

please suggest a good hdd atleast 500 gb
also a good psu

or will the intel pentium g620 perform better at games paired with hd 6770???

please suggest a good config which will be able to play high end games for atleast the next 4 years

i will not ugrade for the next 4 years atleast...

thyultimate

Broken In
Fill this dude:
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Then we will know if you have a monitor/cabinet/kybd/mouse...also will give everyone a much better idea about what you want. Going with an Llano makes no sense if you are getting a discrete GPU.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Fill this up first *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/149943-asking-new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html so that we may be able to help you more
efficiently. And don't buy a 6770 with an APU as you won't be able to use it in dual graphics mode.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:FIFA 12,13,NFS,GTA 4,Dirt 3,Portal,COD,Assasins Creed,Batman Arkham Asylum,City,HD Movies

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:20k(max not extendable at any cost)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.Atleast not planned for now so assume a no.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7,then Windows 8 & may dual boot ubuntu later

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500 gb bare minimum,1 tb preferable

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No monitor for now.Already have a 19' acer(1366x768) will purchase propably next year maybe full hd.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Speakers,Keyboard,Mouse,DVD drive too.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:in a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler most propably

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai.Can go to lamington road.May buy from flipkart /ebay subject to cheaper prices

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i have heard amd proccessors are better for gaming.and is the integrated graphics in llano better than hd 6770??

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
i guess this would give you a idea

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...estion-low-budget-gamming-pc.html#post1726043

and yes G620 will perform better , it will provide you better upgrade path.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
AMD A8 3870k: 6.5k
Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2: 3.2k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1.1k
WD Caviar Blue 500GB: 3.8k
Corsair CX430 V2: 2.7k
Cooler Master Elite 310: 1.8k
Total: 19.1k
The HD6550D on your APU is more than enough for maxing out some games at 1366x768. Till then you can save money and have a new GPU.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
AMD A8 3870k: 6.5k
Gigabyte GA-A55M-DS2: 3.2k
4GB DDR3 1333MHz: 1.1k
WD Caviar Blue 500GB: 3.8k
Corsair CX430 V2: 2.7k
Cooler Master Elite 310: 1.8k
Total: 19.1k
The HD6550D on your APU is more than enough for maxing out some games at 1366x768. Till then you can save money and have a new GPU.

dude i have heard intel pentium g620 performs better at games with a gpu than a8???is it true??
coz what i was thinking was to get g620 and mobo @ 6k and then invest in a gpu like hd 6770/7770 or gtx 460(is it good)..
personal preference 6770/7770...
what do u think???

and i saw in one of the threads that 6770+g620 would cause bottleneck..true???

thyultimate

Broken In
dude i have heard intel pentium g620 performs better at games with a gpu than a8???is it true??
coz what i was thinking was to get g620 and mobo @ 6k and then invest in a gpu like hd 6770/7770 or gtx 460(is it good)..
personal preference 6770/7770...
what do u think???

and i saw in one of the threads that 6770+g620 would cause bottleneck..true???

At that resolution, you are better off with the A8....especially if you do not plan on upgrading for 4 years. By then, even lga1155 will be moot.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
At that resolution, you are better off with the A8....especially if you do not plan on upgrading for 4 years. By then, even lga1155 will be moot.

at what Res ??? and is worth investing in hd 6670/6770 with a8???

and any idea how much would Trinity a8/a10 and compatible mobo cost???

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
The rig that I have suggested will perform very well. No need to spend money now. After 6 months or a year buy a GPU. But don't run it in Dual GPU mode as the APU is not fast enough to utilize 2 GPUs. It will start bottlenecking the dedicated GPU. If you buy the GPU, even a 6670, don't run it in Dual GPU mode.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
The rig that I have suggested will perform very well. No need to spend money now. After 6 months or a year buy a GPU. But don't run it in Dual GPU mode as the APU is not fast enough to utilize 2 GPUs. It will start bottlenecking the dedicated GPU. If you buy the GPU, even a 6670, don't run it in Dual GPU mode.

how do i switch between dedicated and dual gpu mode??

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
let me make it clear for you.6770 is much faster than A6/A8 integrated graphics.if you are planning on buying A8 then getting any graphics card above 6670 is a waste of A6/A8 integrated graphics since it will be disabled.it is better to get G620+6770 if main concern is gaming since G620 can handle almost all games very well except maybe few games which recommend quad core(GTA-IV) but even they will run on dual core.in area of gaming amd processors are no match to intel when it comes to core-by-core performance.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
let me make it clear for you.6770 is much faster than A6/A8 integrated graphics.if you are planning on buying A8 then getting any graphics card above 6670 is a waste of A6/A8 integrated graphics since it will be disabled.it is better to get G620+6770 if main concern is gaming since G620 can handle almost all games very well except maybe few games which recommend quad core(GTA-IV) but even they will run on dual core.in area of gaming amd processors are no match to intel when it comes to core-by-core performance.

I guess that implies that if I get g620 I should get a good gpu but if i get a a8 hd 6670 is enough???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no.it means if you get A8 then you should not buy any graphics card at all especially 6670 or below.if you do decide to buy a card above 6670 then A8 graphics will be disabled.

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
If you install a graphics card( HD 6670 or below) then you have 3 options. Let the Dedicated GPU do the work, Let the IGP do the work or run them in Dual GPU mode or Hybrid CrossFire. All these options are in the BIOS.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
i am dropping a bomb guys..dad says we should get a laptop...requirements remain same ...
was thinking about this:
HP Pavilion g6-2002ax Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (India - English) (UPCOMING)

and this:
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN Laptop 2 Gen Ci5/4GB/750GB/1GB (Titan Silver): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

i think the hp is better as i am more into gaming and should be marginally cheap..what about you???
and i still hvent dropped my pc idea..

no.it means if you get A8 then you should not buy any graphics card at all especially 6670 or below.if you do decide to buy a card above 6670 then A8 graphics will be disabled.

then which gpu should i get to play above listed games??

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Please specify your budget for the laptop. Taking your other laptops price as example the HP one is good but its availability is a big question. Try getting this one: HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook Value for money gaming machine.

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Please specify your budget for the laptop. Taking your other laptops price as example the HP one is good but its availability is a big question. Try getting this one: HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook Value for money gaming machine.

bro i like the first option ..the hp that comes with a10 trinity instead of a8 and more storage...
can u find out from anywhere about the expected price of it???
searched the net but no success,yet and emailed hp but they say please provide more details so left that option..

Utkarsh Sharma

Journeyman
Sorry mate, no information about price and availability :cry:

Sorry mate, I don't know anything about its price and availability.

Sorry mate, I don't know anything about its price and availability.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
it seems that HP Pavilion g6-2002ax has not been released here yet.also about playing games i don't know much about playing games since i am not a gamer but 6770 cost ~6500 & G620 cost ~3000 so for ~9500 the combination is far more powerful than A8-3870 which costs ~6200 because if you do decide to buy a graphics card in future than A8+6770=12700.of course if you are sure that you will never buy a graphics card for A8-3870 & continue to play games even with lower settings then you can get it.

Top Bottom