Budget gaming PC

getimmersed

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

This is my first post on the Digit Forums...
I'm planning to get a PC assembled as my laptop's quite old now. The PC will be used a lot for gaming (not extreme high-end, mostly FPSs and RTS games from 2007-2008 or so) and for archiving music and movies (so I would like 2 hard drives as well.)

Is it possible to assemble a computer that can perform reasonably well gaming-wise and have 2 500GB/1TB hard disks for 15k-20k?

If you could posts configs I'd be eternally grateful.

P.S. I won't be needing speakers, but I'll need everything else.

Thanks a lot!

saswat23

Human Spambot
Here is my suggestion:

* AMD Athlon X3-440 -- 3.2k
* Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H -- 3.4k
* Corsair 2GB DDR3 RAM -- 1.2k
* Seagate 7200.12 1TB -- 2.6k
* Asus 24x DVD-RW -- 1k
* FSP SAGAII 400W PSU -- 1.8k
* CM-Elite 310 -- 1.5k
* Acer 20'' LED -- 5.3k
Total --- 20k

The onboard graphics will be sufficient for the games u have mentioned.

OP
G

getimmersed

My bad, I should have done this.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Non high-end gaming (2007-2009 games)

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 20k

4. Planning to overclock?
A:No

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:Win 7 but I've heard XP is better for gaming. Any thoughts?

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:2 TB, 2 separate hard drives

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Want an LCD but open to suggestions

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: 3-4 months from now

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:No

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:Speakers

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A : Bangalore, No.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

saswat, thanks, but are you sure onboard graphics will run games like Left 4 Dead and COD?

saswat23

Human Spambot
I think it can run L4D and COD.

But your budget is restricting u to add a GPU. Else u could have opted for a 5670 at 4.3k for playing even the latest games.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Oh, u are way away from buying a new PC. Create a thread before a week or two of buying the new rig.
Prices will be down by then, and u can get a better config too with a AMD Bulldozer.

Then do u currently have a monitor.

OP
G

getimmersed

Oh cool, thanks a lot.

No saswat, I don't have a monitor, but I was wondering if I can compromise, that's all.

Top Bottom