Budget gaming PC < 30K

arnabbarat

Right off the assembly line
Planning to upgrade my old computer. Going to use it for moderate gaming. Please suggest a good config.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Basic surfing, MS office & Moderate gaming (Should be able to play new games at mid at least).

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Strictly under 30k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: ~500 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Have a 21" Samsung LCD. Planning to reuse the same.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Have mouse, keyboard, Optical drive, cabinet (local).

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be done by an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Kolkata (Chandni Market), Online is fine if prices remain competitive)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would prefer components which are readily available in the market. If you include links where i can purchase the components at competitive prices, that would be super :)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Amd Fx 6300 @ 7300

Gigabyte 970A DS3 @ 5500

G-skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz @ 2500

Antec vp450p @ 2700

Wd Cavier Blue 500gb @ 3000

Zotac gtx 650ti 1gb @ 9600

Total - rs 30,600

In future save some cash and get branded cabinet

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Amd Fx 6300 @ 7300

Gigabyte 970A DS3 @ 5500

Antec vp450p @ 2700

Total - rs 30,600

What's gaming without any audio feedback? :O

I'm not here to suggest a build but advising you to incorporate a quality audio system / headphones in this build so the OP can enjoy the over all gaming experience.

What's gaming without any audio feedback? :O

I'm not here to suggest a build but advising you to incorporate a quality audio system / headphones in this build so the OP can enjoy the over all gaming experience.

One word: budget. Today's on-board audio systems are enough for gaming. Plus, with virtual surround you can take that experience further. Just adding a sound card isn't justified alone if you still use <5000 speakers.

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
One word: budget. Today's on-board audio systems are enough for gaming. Plus, with virtual surround you can take that experience further. Just adding a sound card isn't justified alone if you still use <5000 speakers.

I'm not talking about sound cards. I'm talking about external speakers / headphones. The OP didn't mention of having any audio equipment. So I suggested ASHISH65 to suggest one. If the config he has advised includes an onboard audio output system, then it's cool.

If not, I think its better to include one within the budget.

OP
A

arnabbarat

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the quick response. I have creative 4.1 speakers which are decent enough. I might consider investing in a pair of good headphones.

That config looks balanced. Could you suggest a few decent alternatives if the brands/models mentioned are not available.

I want to be prepared when i hit the market :lol:

Also could you suggest a good basic wireless controller (over and above the mentioned budget, but entry-level).

Thanks for the quick response. I have creative 4.1 speakers which are decent enough. I might consider investing in a pair of good headphones.

That config looks balanced. Could you suggest a few decent alternatives if the brands/models mentioned are not available.

I want to be prepared when i hit the market :lol:

Also could you suggest a good basic wireless controller (over and above the mentioned budget, but entry-level).

> First head to the market hen see if these components aren't available. Then we can suggest alternative of that particular product.

> Xbox controller FTW. BTW get the wiered one.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Amd Fx 6300 @ 7300

Gigabyte 970A DS3 @ 5500

Antec vp450p @ 2700

Total - rs 30,600

Replace 650ti with 7790 [for 10k rs]

Top Bottom