Budget Computer for General Purpose use and occasional Photoshop

punitks

Broken In
Hello friends need help for deciding on a desktop for general purpose use with occassional photoshop usage
Primarily need a desktop which will be usable in terms of configuration for atleast 4-5 years. Also a small confusion related to desktop vs laptop which I have mentioned at the bottom of the post :)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: General purpose usage like internet browsing, excel/word, music, movies, light gaming
Occasional Photoshop usage as well (not very frequent)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:around 25,000

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7/8.1 and i possible should be able to run Win 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500GB min, can go for 1 TB if budget permits

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes, want to buy a monitor. 19" minumum. Can consider 21.5 as well if in budget

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: It is a new system. NO resuable components available

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: this month itself

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Mumbai. Planning to get it done form Lamington road

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:I am a bit confused as I am getting 4th gen i3/4GBRAM/500GB config laptops too at around the same budget. Need help form fellow forum members on whetehr I should go for laptop or desktop for my usage.

My primary factor for deciding is that whatever I buy (laptop/desktop) it should last me for 4-5 years in terms of configuration. I am leaning towards a dekstop, however the pricepoint of a laptop and its portability is also making me think

Need to make a decision fairly quickly since I want to purchase the same in this month itself. Help is solicited :)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 25k

ProcessorIntel Pentium G 32404,000
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S13,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz3,200
Power Supply
Antec BP350P2,500
CabinetZebronics SPY II1,000
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner1,000
MonitorDell E1914H 18.5" LED Monitor5,000
Keyboard/Mouse
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Total24,500

OP
P

punitks

Broken In
Budget - 25k

ProcessorIntel Pentium G 32404,000
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S13,500
MemoryKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz3,200
Power Supply
Antec BP350P2,500
CabinetZebronics SPY II1,000
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD3,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST DVD Burner1,000
MonitorDell E1914H 18.5" LED Monitor5,000
Keyboard/Mouse
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo800
Total24,500

Thanks bssunilreddy
As mentioned in my OP, Following laptop is also available in the same price range - Ci3 (4th gen)/500GB HDD/4GB RAM/15.6 display laptop (dell inspiron) , how would that compare to the desktop config that you have provided

Last edited:
OP
P

punitks

Broken In
Hi folks

In continuation to my question, i found a laptop online with the same price point as my budget
What would you recommend? Desktop with the above config or the laptop (link below)
please suggest

Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-4005U/4GB/500GB HDD/Linux/Integrated Graphics), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi folks

In continuation to my question, i found a laptop online with the same price point as my budget
What would you recommend? Desktop with the above config or the laptop (link below)
please suggest

Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-4005U/4GB/500GB HDD/Linux/Integrated Graphics), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Its better to go with this laptop than the above specified laptop:HP 15-af024AU APU Quad Core A8 - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1) Notebook Rs.25990 Price in India - Buy HP 15-af024AU APU Quad Core A8 - (4 GB DDR3/1 TB HDD/Windows 8.1) Notebook Turbo SIlver Color With Diamond & Cross Brush Pattern Online - HP : Fl

Last edited:
OP
P

punitks

Broken In
Thanks to all who answered and also to many others through whose posts i went through... I have fnally decided togo for a desktop
I will post the specifications soon

will get it assembled at lamington road :)

Top Bottom