Budget 20k for Processor only [No Gaming, No OC]

vkl

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=29614]rahuleyes[/MENTION]
According to the test by hardware.info while doing video encoding there was throttling of CPU with newer revision of a model which would affect performance,while with previous version of the board CPU wasn't throttled. Revised version of b85m-d3h might have similar effect as well so preferably steer clear of that board for now.
Some M.2 PCIe SSDs are available on primeabgb/onlyssd.But for now generally they are relatively much pricier for the performance they offer.
It will take some time for their costs to go down and for them to become more mainstream likely.

OP
R

rahuleyes

Broken In
Okay i received B85M-D3H today from snapdeal, its rev.2 and so i will return it. Going to buy following things today from a local shop.

Core i7 4790 - 20300
Asus H97 Pro Gamer - 9600 (Asus H97 Plus is available at 8250)
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8GB 1600Mhz CL10 DDR3 RAM - 5500(for each) x 2 = 11000
Antec VP450P - 2550
TVSe Gold Keyboard - 1775

Total = 45225.

Deepcool Tesseract, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 2TB HDD, bought these components few days back, will buy Dell S2240L next week.
@sumonpathak, Though i am pretty sure, but still dont want to take chance... Asus H97 Pro Gamer will fit in Deepcool Tesseract without any issue ?
Another concern is, Corsair Vengeance rams are tall in height, will i be able to fit my cpu cooler without any issue ?
@vkl, I dont see 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair Vengeance rams anywhere, every seller has CL10 only. Is it fine to go with CL10 ?
Gskill ripjaws x is another option, but no distributor of gskill in my city (Ahmedabad), i am concerned about after sale services, no service centre in my city. Kingston hyperx has less warranty period, So only option left is corsair vengeance.
Price of Asus Z97-A is near to H97 Pro Gamer, seems like Z97-A has more future proof features. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
1.it will fit :)
2.check PM
3.i would suggests go with the Hyper X,last time i checked Kingston also comes with the limited lifetime warranty as other players.
4.i would suggest sticking with the H97 Pro Gamer.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Cl9 or CL10 won't make much of difference.Can pick up Kingston hyperX sticks.
Even if you stick to Vengeance,you can fit sticks in slot 2 and 4 if in case slot 1 is blocked and if you need to add more RAM later,then can buy low profile sticks with identical timings at that time.
If you go for Hyper 212 evo or likes you can place the fan on the rear side in a pull config instead of push that will let you use all the RAM slots even with all high profile RAM sticks.
Z97-A's main advantage would be SLI since you are going for a locked CPU, you can go for it if you like.

Top Bottom