btech confusion

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys i was wondering how much programming part is there in WBUT syllabus in IT stream. Im just in 1st year. I knw in 2nd year there is C. But is there java,sql etc or that is in CSE? What is the main diff b/w CSE and IT when it comes down to programming?

itsakjt

Broken In
I am doing B. Tech in CSE under WBUT now in the 4th year. Programming part is ample in IT. You will get to know C and JAVA. In CSE, there is VHDL programming also(3rd year) and MS Visual C++. I will ask some of my college mates and try to provide more information to you. :)

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
itsakjt Ok thanx :) ive heard there is very little diff. The low level stuff is more in CSE i guess. In IT they teach the management stuff instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I do plan to learn from the net but if there is ample coding then i can atleast enjoy my btech course otherwise its boring.

itsakjt

Broken In
itsakjt Ok thanx :) ive heard there is very little diff. The low level stuff is more in CSE i guess. In IT they teach the management stuff instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I do plan to learn from the net but if there is ample coding then i can atleast enjoy my btech course otherwise its boring.

Oh yeah, there is ample coding. :)

Top Bottom