BSOD While playing powerdvd 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I was playing a simple video file in powerdvd 10 ,with most of the Truetheater enhancement on at medium setiing .After 20 minutes or so suddenly the display got off ,when i hapazardly pressed keys ,i came to blue screen ,with some meassing which was suggesting some sort of memeory overfloew.

Though problem has not reoccured ,but i want to know what exactly happened.I heard that if such type of thing occurs a dump file is created .I locate the dump file,and it bears the date of crash i m assuming it is correct but problem is don't know how to analyse it ? I don't even know if dump file has to be used or not?

Please help

and sorry sorry here is the link to the dump file

*hotfile.com/dl/45289195/37f23c2/052810-46925-01.dmp.html

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Is the problem occuring again & again or just once? if just once, then no need to worry. if it is repeating, your PC is not able to handle power DVD. however, that seems unlikely if your siggy shows your configuration. So check if the processor/gfx card is overheating. Speccy is the simplest way to check system temperatures. also, which PSU do you have?

Analyzing dump files needs you to know windows ins and outs, do you have enough
programming knowledge for that?

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
signature is correct

i m using zebronics cpu,i think rating is 500 ,it is having setup similar to server smps

Well i do have a little programming knowledge ,if some one caqn guide me how to analyse the dump files i can do it,however will be grateful if somebody just analyse and can somment what the heck happened or might be happeing

any ways that time i was using some of the new features of powerdvd 10 like true theater hd and nvidida cuda ,that also at max processing ,may be that streched the system a bit

becasue unlike BSOD that have occured in win 7 before with me ,this one did not immediately rebooted the pc but took about 5 to 7 sec and with some counting in % or bytes going at extreme bottom ,that's why i want to know what happened actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom