BSOD after installing webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
i installed creative webcam pd1100 from the drivers suppiled to me by creative online. i installed them properly and it asked to connected the cam. wheni did. a new hardware found window cropped up but it didnt find the drivers.

i tried to reinstall but it didnt ask for uninstall. i tried manually all the installed ddl files looking at the files xtracted in the temp folder.

but everytime i shutdown my system i get this BSOD

saying

windows has been shutdown

--DRIVER-IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
this prob is caused because of some hardware or software u have installed/updated, etc. etc.

TECH. INFO.=
STOP:0x000000D1 (0X00000040, 0X00000002, 0X0000001, 0XF93F6150)

wanarp.sys- address F93F6150 base at F93F1000,
DATE STAMP 41107689---

they have sent me a dsriver cd free of cost. till then can i do anything??

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
GunshotSilence wrote:
i installed them properly and it asked to connected the cam. wheni did. a new hardware found window cropped up but it didnt find the drivers.
Hey buddy did u plug in the CAM into its port while the SYSTEM was switchen ON ?? :?

If yes: Then shutdown the PC and first plug in the CAM into its port then restart the PC and the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD will be brought up and then u can install the drivers.

If no: Then check for compatibility issues of the WEBCAM with ur system.

Also if the FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZARD does not install the drivers fro the LOCATION SPECIFIED then u can pop in the CD and go to START>Right click MY COMPUTER>Select PROPERTIES> HARDWARE>DEVICE MANAGER>click the SCAN FOR HARDWARE CHANGES tab>right clik on the webcam icon (if ur system has detected it) > Double click it>choose REINSTALL the DRIVERS.

Hope this solves ur problem...

Please post ur results for us to help u better.. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death ... n00b :p

There has been some discussion about similar problem earlier.
I dont know if it'll be useful for you or not. Just check out these links
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22899&highlight=irq
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7653&highlight=irq

-----
alibi

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
alib_i said:
BSOD = Blue Screen Of Death ... n00b :p
-----
alibi

Dont Joke Man, I really don't know plz tel me. I know only one thing dat it is sumhow related to computing but dunno how. i've read it many times but dunno wat it means. plz tel me. plz.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
The Incredible wrote:
Dont Joke Man, I really don't know plz tel me. I know only one thing dat it is sumhow related to computing but dunno how. i've read it many times but dunno wat it means. plz tel me. plz.
Yes Incredible, alib_i is rite, BSOD is known as the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. Everyone has got this Unlucky screen at sumpoint on thier PC as this really makes ur heartbeat go NUMB.... :wink:

In general simple terms: This screen is basically a WINDOWS screen wich is brought up if any hardware/software things go wrong in ur system and this screen wen displayed also tells u this This screen has been shown to prevent ur system from further damage. :)

Since we all users ues this LINGO (language) so it is known as the BSOD: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. :)

BTW,Hey GunshotSilence buddy ! Did ur problem get solved as the description given by me.. ?? I hope u r plugging the WEBCAM into its port wen the PC is switched OFF.....and plz try changing the ports and do post ur results.

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom